www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Ruston Hornsby ID

3 posters

Go down

Ruston Hornsby ID Empty Ruston Hornsby ID

Post by nas1 Sun Dec 13 2009, 20:58

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum so apologies for my naivety. I am totally new to stationary engines and looking for some advice on purchasing a Ruston Hornsby engine i have discovered in a friends wood shed.

I dont have a clue what model it is, i have attached a photo from the web of one very similar to the one ive found. I think it could be a "PA"?? it has twin fly wheels etc...

The engine is in pretty good order, is running and is cosmetically tidy, more so than the one in the attached pic. Could any one give me an idea of value for it? my friend has asked me to make an offer but neither of us have any indication of its value...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ruston Hornsby ID Ruston11

nas1

Back to top Go down

Ruston Hornsby ID Empty Re: Ruston Hornsby ID

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13 2009, 21:15

Welcome to the forum, I dont know much about the Ruston.

There is a PB Ruston for sale in Stationary Engine mag this month fully restored and they are asking £400 for it so i wouldnt be paying much more than £200if you can.

Paul, santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope and Crank Sun Dec 13 2009, 21:22

rab wrote:Welcome to the forum, I dont know much about the Ruston.

There is a PB Ruston for sale in Stationary Engine mag this month fully restored and they are asking £400 for it so i wouldnt be paying much more than £200if you can.

Paul, santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Except the one in the picture is an 'AP' not a PB, add a '0' to your last figure and you're not far off...
Hope and Crank
Hope and Crank
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Ruston Hornsby ID Empty hope and crank may be able to assist you alot

Post by Admin Sun Dec 13 2009, 22:50

on this engine, it looks like an AP to me, PBs are more of a block, do you have any pics of the actual engine, were willing to help Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Ruston Hornsby ID Empty Ruston Hornsby ID

Post by nas1 Mon Dec 14 2009, 09:45

Thanks for all comments so far. I am going to have another look at it today to try and establish what model it is. Is there any obvious points that differentiate between an AP or PB? Is there a model number or anything i should be looking for?

Will take a couple of photos and post them up.

Thanks again.

nas1

Back to top Go down

Ruston Hornsby ID Empty the main points i think

Post by Admin Mon Dec 14 2009, 11:55

is , i dont think they made an open crank PB the AP is an open crank, check for any cracks in the block, this could be frost damage, the one in the picture is a AP, a PB looks like this Ruston Hornsby ID Ruston10

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17 2009, 16:41

nas1 wrote:Thanks for all comments so far. I am going to have another look at it today to try and establish what model it is. Is there any obvious points that differentiate between an AP or PB? Is there a model number or anything i should be looking for?

Will take a couple of photos and post them up.

Thanks again.

if the engine is like the one in the picture its not a PB, a PB is an enclosed crank engine, this is either an IP or an AP, either way a very vlauable engine, and if you can get any of these for less than 500 quid you've done well, they are worth a lot of money

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope and Crank Thu Dec 17 2009, 18:43

Paul_sterlmeister wrote:

if the engine is like the one in the picture its not a PB, a PB is an enclosed crank engine, this is either an IP or an AP, either way a very vlauable engine, and if you can get any of these for less than 500 quid you've done well, they are worth a lot of money

Paul

Why couldn't it be an 'OK'?

Wouldn't say it's an 'IP' as the O/P states it's twin flywheel - unless you know something I don't?
Hope and Crank
Hope and Crank
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down