www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

my ruston hornsby AP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my ruston hornsby AP

Post by jamespeterbrett on Tue Dec 15 2009, 13:59

I’d love to see my engine featured, as it doesn’t get to many rallies any more, cos every rally I go to now seems to prefer me to take my steam engine.

It is a 1930 Ruston and Hornsby AP 4BHP '470 RPM.

It left Ruston's Lincoln work on 29th Oct 1930 and was supplied to P Rand, main Ruston Hornsby Agents in Suffolk, located in Weathermen, near Bury saint Edmunds, Suffolk, and was supplied with an ERF Turner (Ipswich) roller corn mill, to My Wilfred Clover, of Drinkstone Smock Mill.

In was used every day from Nov 1930 until 1960, when the mill was converted to Electric power. But was kept for stand by duties until 1962. Mr. A Hewlett purchased the engine in 1963 and restored it. Purchased 43 years later by current owner Mr. James Peter Brett, who has made a brass slipper for the magneto flick arm, and very little else, as the engine is as good as the day it left Lincoln.

Is seen regularly at the Langley Daffodil Day (Norwich) and Raveningham Country Fair (Beccles Suffolk)

one of the last AP's made, as within a short time, the PB's were the preferred model of engine.

jamespeterbrett
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

fantastic engine James as soon as

Post by RAB on Tue Dec 15 2009, 14:59

the xmas theme has gone , ill pop it up , you sound a very knowledgable chap, feel free to do an engine cover in the engine cover section if you like on the AP i know a number of people will contribute, Paul sterling also likes to do the engine covers, maybe you could do something together Very Happy

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

now being featured

Post by RAB on Mon Dec 28 2009, 11:50

now being shown in the header bar is this AP , owned James Brett

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: my ruston hornsby AP