www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Watermota K2 magneto??

Go down

Watermota K2 magneto?? Empty Watermota K2 magneto??

Post by siatontola Fri May 28 2010, 14:49

Hi everyone
I am Robert, a new member (28.5.2010) who has a fairly decent K2 (1925) which I intend to restore...
My main hobby is vintage cars ( I have a 1927 Austin 12/4 Windsor saloon and a 1927 Rilet Twelve 4-seat tourer).

I need info on the timing set-up for the magneto on the K2. It is a chain drive as you probably know, so what is the ratio of the engine end sprocket to the mag end sprocket? I also need an exhaust manifold if anyone knows of one going spare. Be pleased to forward photos.

I have the main engine complete save for the carb top and cables - which I can probably find on eBay or Beaulieu Autojumble or somewhere - and the full prop shaft, prop, prop-guide/'keel', gland plate etc., as well as a water-cooled silencer, and (I think) most of the reversing/feathering gear for the prop gear inc the lever. I do have a photocopy of the original works handbook which I can copy again, and forward to others...Long-term objective: get it into a period (1920s) wooden hull and use it on the Thames; short-term; get it going!!
Be pleased to hear from any of you.
siatontola
siatontola
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Watermota K2 magneto?? Empty Re: Watermota K2 magneto??

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 16:43

Hello,

I had a running K2 many years back, from what i remember its had twin bth magnetto, both the drive cogs were the same size.

Exhaust manifold may be hard! spares are very thin on the ground for these engines, I had a K1 that i couldnt get anything for.

the k2 is a nice smooth running engine, i would like another but the one i found was a bit more then my budget could strech too!

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Watermota K2 magneto?? Empty Watermota K2 magneto??

Post by siatontola Fri May 28 2010, 17:26

Thanks Steve
I am already watching a BTH twin mag on eBay, so I am pleased to hear that it may well do. In the handbook it specifies something else, but I can't remember offhand (and I can't find the book!). - I expect it will go for a lot... I always thought that the manifold would be a problem (it is for old cars, cast iron, cracks, rust etc will have their way...) but will have one made locally by someone who is VERY good with stuff like that. I will keep the forum posted of developments.
siatontola
siatontola
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Watermota K2 magneto?? Empty Re: Watermota K2 magneto??

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down