www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft.

2 posters

Go down

Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft. Empty Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft.

Post by Vintage Magnetos Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:52

Hi Folks. At the Moment i'm restoring a Lister DK for my Nephew, I want to replace the Crank Shaft Bearings as they sounds very rough. How do you removing the Shaft from the bearings. There is a nut on the shaft I tried to remove this but it wouldn't move, and i even put heat on the nut but still no joy. Is there a Pin that goes through the nut to the shaft, to keep the Nut from undoing.
Looking forward from your feedback. Thankyou.
Vintage Magnetos
Vintage Magnetos
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft. Empty Re: Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft.

Post by Vintage Magnetos Fri Nov 05 2010, 15:56

I found out the Method to Remove Crank Shaft and Bearings. Renewed Bearings and Fitted back together.
No Replys on this specially on a popular engine. Which I find surpricing. lol!
Vintage Magnetos
Vintage Magnetos
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft. Empty Re: Lister DK Remove Crank bearings/Shaft.

Post by mike d Fri Nov 05 2010, 22:41

sorry Andrew...
haven't been on her for a few days....

sorry mate,glad you have sorted the problem...

regards...mike....
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down