www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

June header picture

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: June header picture

Post by Foden on Sun May 15 2011, 18:07

mike d wrote:HI PETE...
very nice engine
is that one you bought from Dave..
he seems to have a few very nice engines..
regards.mike.

Heck no Mike, bit out of my range I'm afraid! Dave still has it as far as I know, that pic was taken last year at it's first outing.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sun May 15 2011, 22:09

Foden wrote:
very nice engine
is that one you bought from Dave..
he seems to have a few very nice engines..
regards.mike.

Heck no Mike, bit out of my range I'm afraid! Dave still has it as far as I know, that pic was taken last year at it's first outing.

Pete.

yes your right there Pete,he was telling me the other day when i phoned him..
wouldn't mind the Worthington off of him,but need to slow down a bit,just bought 3more engines today... scratch scratch
oh well you cant take the money with you when you go.. Smile Smile
regards..mike.

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Sun May 15 2011, 22:46

I stripped the Worthington down a few weeks ago Mike, it was like new with no carbon and the ring's were good. Just reground the valves and made a fresh headgasket and it ran well, we left it running out on the road outside Dave's house for an hour or so while we sat indoors "chinwagging"! Wink

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sun May 15 2011, 23:14

Foden wrote:I stripped the Worthington down a few weeks ago Mike, it was like new with no carbon and the ring's were good. Just reground the valves and made a fresh head gasket and it ran well, we left it running out on the road outside Dave's house for an hour or so while we sat indoors "chin wagging"! Wink

Pete.

Pete,thats what i like to here a good reliable engine...
must save up my pennies and see if i can get it from Dave..
he comes across as a cracking fella..has he sold the international yet???
regards..mike.

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Mon May 16 2011, 17:31

mike d wrote:
Foden wrote:I stripped the Worthington down a few weeks ago Mike, it was like new with no carbon and the ring's were good. Just reground the valves and made a fresh head gasket and it ran well, we left it running out on the road outside Dave's house for an hour or so while we sat indoors "chin wagging"! Wink

Pete.

Pete,thats what i like to here a good reliable engine...
must save up my pennies and see if i can get it from Dave..
he comes across as a cracking fella..has he sold the international yet???
regards..mike.

I don't know about the International Mike, I will be with Dave this weekend at Belvoir Castle so I will see what he turns up with!! Dave's ok, he doesn't sell rubbish but doesn't keep engines long either. He has only been an "Engine Man" for a few years but he has had a fair few engines in his garage, he had a full set of Ruston PB's at one time but seems to concentrate on American metal nowadays.

Pete.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Mon May 16 2011, 22:10

Pete...
i thought that when i was talking to him,he comes across as a fella that would help you out if you needed it with out any trouble at all..
its a bloody you two are so far away from me,i would love to see what you and hes got in the way of engines..
if you speak to him say hi for me....
regards..mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Mon May 16 2011, 22:42

Nothing exotic in my shed Mike, most that I have spent on an engine is £100 and that was a Wolseley WD2! I will pass your message on to Dave, though he may ignore me as I am taking a diesel and he loathes them!! Embarassed I will put some pics up of the rally when I return after Bank Holiday (stopping out for a week as I am at Doncaster for Spring Bank and it is cheaper to caravan for three nights than drag everything home with diesel the price that it is). Not just the Scots that are "carefull" with their cash. Smile

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Mon May 16 2011, 22:50

Pete..
hope you have a great time mate..as for Dave ignoring you i cant se that.. lol! lol!
i bet your looking forward to having time away..
thanks for passing on my message to Dave..
regards..mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue May 17 2011, 10:05

I think Pete forgets to go home, he goes to one rally after another, it must be when he's running out of money and has to lift the matress that he heads back home. I did hear that he was after an old armoured truck to put his engine in and pull his caravan and of coarse keep his money safe. lol! lol! lol! I think he should change his name on here from Foden to Stationary engine gypsy, suits him better.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Tue May 17 2011, 17:21

stationary stu wrote:I think Pete forgets to go home, he goes to one rally after another, it must be when he's running out of money and has to lift the matress that he heads back home. I did hear that he was after an old armoured truck to put his engine in and pull his caravan and of coarse keep his money safe. lol! lol! lol! I think he should change his name on here from Foden to Stationary engine gypsy, suits him better.

Stu.

Oh Stuart lad.....you do talk a right load of twaddle, it must be great living in that fantasy land of yours. Very Happy But you DO talk some sense.....................................................

..................NON-SENSE!

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughesy on Tue May 17 2011, 18:17

My Ruston

Hope Its not To Late.

Hughesy
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by RAB on Tue May 17 2011, 18:23

Hughesy wrote:My Ruston

Hope Its not To Late.

Sorry bud its to late for this month but please feel free to enter it for next month, I will be posting for July on the first sunday of June.

Paul

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed May 18 2011, 09:33

Foden wrote:
stationary stu wrote:I think Pete forgets to go home, he goes to one rally after another, it must be when he's running out of money and has to lift the matress that he heads back home. I did hear that he was after an old armoured truck to put his engine in and pull his caravan and of coarse keep his money safe. lol! lol! lol! I think he should change his name on here from Foden to Stationary engine gypsy, suits him better.

Stu.

Oh Stuart lad.....you do talk a right load of twaddle, it must be great living in that fantasy land of yours. Very Happy But you DO talk some sense.....................................................

..................NON-SENSE!

Pete.

lol! lol! lol! lol! ok so where do you keep your cash Wink

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Thu May 19 2011, 00:48

STU..Pete cant tell you that...
if he tells you were it is your be round there looking for it... scratch scratch
mike.....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Thu May 19 2011, 18:49

Our money is well hidden, so much so that even I haven't got a clue where it is! Looking forward to September/October when I get the chance to visit the North East rallies and see what "Money Men" really look like, though I certainly feel inferior when we return home to our Prefab in the Midlands and have to start selling the Big Issue to make ends meet. Our dream is to be able to live in The Earl Of Durham (Stationary Stu's) area where money is no object, but alas it remains just a dream. Embarassed If you think that Jonesy is loaded Mike you aint seen nothing until you take a trip to Stu's! Shocked Shocked

There you go, I too can write a load of tosh as well as anyone. Wink

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Fri May 20 2011, 12:44

HI PETE...
ive heard about this fella called the Earl of Durham..i didn't know it was STU..
and hes been taking the p--s out of jonesey...well that takes the biscuit.. king
it must be his way of covering up his wealth,and hes been talking about buying a damp infested second hand caravan.. scratch scratch
with all the money the earl has i think he must own a few caravan dealerships.. lol! lol!
regards..mike.

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri May 20 2011, 13:18

Way to go Pete your one of the boys now but you'll have to tell us the secret how you manage to type twaddle and not be on medication lol! lol! lol! I know that the world looks a better place thanks to Prozac bounce bounce bounce

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri May 20 2011, 13:23

ive heard about this fella called the Earl of Durham..i didn't know it was STU..
and hes been taking the p--s out of jonesey...well that takes the biscuit.. king
it must be his way of covering up his wealth,and hes been talking about buying a damp infested second hand caravan.. scratch scratch
with all the money the earl has i think he must own a few caravan dealerships.. lol! lol!
regards..mike.

Ok I'll own up everything that Pete saw was on loan from cash convertors, just trying to impress. And the caravan I'm after is to live in as the rats and cockroaches have taken over my home Sad things are getting that bad I'm thinking about mugging the Big Issue seller but need someone to distract there bodyguard first. I like to chat with you boys from the south as it's the nearest I get to money.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top