www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers generator

3 posters

Go down

villiers generator Empty villiers generator

Post by earlsinclare Sun May 29 2011, 08:34

this came to me as a non runner, it produces 240 volts and runs well under load. not sure what i'm going to do with it, it was a good idea at the time.
villiers generator 00910
richard.
earlsinclare
earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers generator Empty Re: villiers generator

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 10:10

Looks in good condition Richard, have to say it doesn't look very old. Is it very heavy? Keep us informed of what your doing with it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by earlsinclare Sun May 29 2011, 11:19

its not that old the date on the handbook says 1971 so its as old as me.
richard.
earlsinclare
earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 30 2011, 01:02

HI RICHARD...
sounds like the sort of thing for running the electric on the caravan at a show,as well as showing it..
is it quite heavy,it doesn't look to bad????
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 12:07

mike d wrote:HI RICHARD...
sounds like the sort of thing for running the electric on the caravan at a show,as well as showing it..
is it quite heavy,it doesn't look to bad????
regards,mike.

That's what was going through my head Mike, could be very handy if not to heavy Wink Wink

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 30 2011, 12:10

STU..
there is a solution to that,you could get 4 little wheels for it and away you go..would be ideal for you,you could have electricity all day,so the wife could dry here hair,or use here hair tongs....
go on bid Richard on it,you know you want it.....
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 13:16

mike d wrote:STU..
there is a solution to that,you could get 4 little wheels for it and away you go..would be ideal for you,you could have electricity all day,so the wife could dry here hair,or use here hair tongs....
go on bid Richard on it,you know you want it.....
regards,mike.

Mike the problem I have is with this stimulator I have fitted, I'm not to go near any kind of generators. I had the chance of one a few weeks back of a 12v Brigg and Stratton but turned it down for that reason. I could run it on a long cable but you know what H&S are like. So I am stuck and don't know what to do for the best, do I risk it or not Question Question Question

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 30 2011, 13:41

STU..
Oh yes mate i forgot about that,sorry i forgot you will have problems with it for life..
pitty i could see you with that in front of your caravan chugging away all day..
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 13:58

mike d wrote:STU..
Oh yes mate i forgot about that,sorry i forgot you will have problems with it for life..
pitty i could see you with that in front of your caravan chugging away all day..
regards,mike.

Yeah and me bounce bounce everytime it altered the machine settings affraid affraid lol! lol! lol! I may have to read the information in the book again and see if it gives any safe working distance lol! lol! lol! but I do think 12v would be better then 240v. Forgot to say the 12v I looked at was very heary so that was also a downside to getting that one, I think the guy still has it as I was going to do a swap for my small trailer for it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 30 2011, 14:21

STU...
i would be interested in it my self,but its the getting it down here.i know i can get it palleted down here,but it will mean Richard would have to put it on a pallet,i would have it out side of the shed,saves me getting extension leads out all the time,as i cant get electric on to the shed permanently so its extension leads all the time.the generator would be better,as i could leave it in place under cover to keep dry..
whats the 12volt on like,any good,mite be interested myself..
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 14:55

mike d wrote:STU...
i would be interested in it my self,but its the getting it down here.i know i can get it palleted down here,but it will mean Richard would have to put it on a pallet,i would have it out side of the shed,saves me getting extension leads out all the time,as i cant get electric on to the shed permanently so its extension leads all the time.the generator would be better,as i could leave it in place under cover to keep dry..
whats the 12volt on like,any good,mite be interested myself..
regards,mike.

Not sure if he's done anything with it yet as he was saying he would put it down his allotment as he used a 12v lights in the winter and he was going to take it out of the craddle and fix it in to stop it from being stolen.
It does sound a good idea for your shed but depends on the output as it may only be good for light use, you'd have to check to see if it would power drills, saws etc.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 30 2011, 15:26

STU..
are we talking about Richards one??? or your mates one??? i have light in the BT body(shed) as it was like it when it was new..
so its only realy for like you said drills,radio etc...
regards,mike....

PS...you have mail....
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 16:03

You'll have to check Richard's if you want to use it for anything heavier like welders etc.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

villiers generator Empty Similar to Mine...

Post by Technomaniac Tue Jun 24 2014, 00:47

Richard, If you still own this alternator, and happen to have the carby off for any reason, do me a favour and post a pix of the other side of it, showing the interaction of the three gadgets - the choke shaft, throttle shaft and the camrack thing in between. I have just acquired a 5KVA alternator for a song, but the way things are setup, there is no way the choke can be moved by the governor, nor is there any manual provision for closing or opening the choke butterfly. There is a plastic cam on the choke shaft which is firm on the shaft, but I fear it has been pressed on in the wrong timing. The cam has split but is still quite firm, and would need to be pressed off and back on again. This engine appears similar in regard to the manual throttle control and the governor lever etc, but different anciliaries such as fuel tank, and mine has had a large car-type muffler/silencer plumbed in.
Thanks,
Bruce.

Technomaniac
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down