www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

New display idea

Go down

New display idea Empty New display idea

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 17:43

Hello

Got given this today

New display idea DSC00263

Do you know what it is yet?

New display idea DSC00264

How about now?

Its a little Wankel Rotary engine dating from about the 60s/70s, Im going to try and get a sheet of perspex and a reduction box (or 2) and get it to a nice slow turning speed to show how a wankel cycle works

New display idea DSC00265

I think Im going to highlight the seprate sections of the cycle.

If I cant get a reduction box etc I may just have it set up with a sign with something like,

Wankel Rotary Engine
Please ask for
demonstration

See how it goes, It will put put on display with another engine of Course dont want to be lumped with the entry ticket title ;D

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

New display idea Empty Re: New display idea

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 10:22

Sounds like a good idea and I'm sure you'll get plenty asking questions. I don't know much about them only Mazda have fitted them in cars but no one else followed Exclamation Question

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Jun 21 2011, 13:21

Steve..
were does it all come from...good luck with it..
mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 18:06

stationary stu wrote:Sounds like a good idea and I'm sure you'll get plenty asking questions. I don't know much about them only Mazda have fitted them in cars but no one else followed Exclamation Question

Stu.

Norton had them in Motorcycles, RAC had a few of them, NSU was the Pioneer of the Wankel, does help that Felix Wankel worked for NSU, not Mazda as most think, Cirtoen GS BiRotor, other people that toyed with the wankel idea are Alfa Romeo, American Motors, Citroen, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Suzuki, and Toyota.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down