www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

another engine ariving soon :)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

another engine ariving soon :) - Page 2 Empty Re: another engine ariving soon :)

Post by mike d Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am

Matt..you staying home this weekend then?????
all that work you wont have time for rallies mate.... lol! lol! lol! lol!
glad you are making so much progress..keep it up feller...
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

another engine ariving soon :) - Page 2 Empty Re: another engine ariving soon :)

Post by matt86 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 am

trust me mike if i wasnt at a rally i would be at home doing something with engines lol!

The misses said once i have got this new shed built up its up and going full with engines she will not see me only when its dinner time lol lol! lol!

At this rate it will be running by Dorset that's if i can get all the parts by then .even if it means il be using rubber pipe into a petrol can !

see you friday mate
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 am

i know of a cheap camp bed and sleeping bag mate..... lol! lol! lol!
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Great to hear your making good progress Matt, sounds like you shouldn't need many parts if any to get it running again.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:15 pm

stu there will be a few parts i need , a mag chain , fuel tank , and a magneto oh and a set of piston rings but mike has offered to sort that out for me
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Well not to bad for an engine in that condition, only thing is DON'T let Mike fit the piston rings he used about 3 sets on his Wolseley lol! lol! lol! (I'm sure he'll get me back for that Laughing Laughing )

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 pm

stationary stu wrote:Well not to bad for an engine in that condition, only thing is DON'T let Mike fit the piston rings he used about 3 sets on his Wolseley lol! lol! lol! (I'm sure he'll get me back for that Laughing Laughing )

Stu.

you would of thought 3rd time lucky wouldnt you ..... lol! lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 am

You'd think he'd stop snapping them but hay ho lol! lol! lol! he doesn't know his own strength.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

He is just too strong for light work I guess!! Laughing

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:39 am

Now that reminds me of a saying Pete, how does it go again, oh yes .... Strong in arm, thick in head....... Guess who lol! lol! lol! Think I'm in for it now and it's all Matt's fault Embarassed

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 pm

my fault ... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes i tell you what mike is the bad influence i have managed to buy another engine at kingsley and sell the WD2 . when i came back with a crank handle the misses said what have i bought now ....... lol! lol! lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 am

matt86_wd2 wrote:
stationary stu wrote:
Skankin_giant wrote:Coke works a treat, the brown liquid not the white powder lol!

Cheers Steve

lol! lol! lol! lol! That's just your opinion Steve, alto the white powder is for when all else fails lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I will pretend I am no seeing this conversation chaps!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!

But, It may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned .................................

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

In my defence it's all Mike's fault lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Well the Lister has had a mishap , i tried to start it and i have noticed that it would not start due to the valves not closing correctly and smoke flowing out of the carb which would indicate the inlet is not closing fully ... On inspection found that the followers was sticking ... so its OFF WITH THE HEAD ! spotted that after the followers was out there was a build up of debris to put it in a nice way .... stopping the followers going the full travel . so guess i have to give the engine another clean out and degrease again ... and this time remove the plate on cam end .

i looked at removing the flywheel and thought this is going to be awkward ... I bought a proper gib key remover from a Claas dealer ...

One of these ...another engine ariving soon :) - Page 2 DSC00540

another engine ariving soon :) - Page 2 DSC00542

Which soon scared they key out and hey presto a engine with a flywheel off !

another engine ariving soon :) - Page 2 DSC00541

Just got to take the end plate off and give a good clean inside . and resemble ....
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

Handy tool Matt I'm sure you could make them and send them out as xmas pressies Very Happy

You'll have to lt us know how you get on with it.

Good luck with the clean out and hope it solves your problem.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm

stu , would be akward to make unless had right equipment as it is head treated and hardened , and you try to cut a shape out like that with a grinder ... lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 am

Pete I had my head treated years ago lol! lol! lol! sorry I know you mean heat.

I never thought about how awkward it would be to cut until you said about it. Although when I went to college on my apprenticeship we had to make stupid things only using a hacksaw and a file, made things like drill angle gauges out of metal, it pi55ed everyone off lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm

at the price they sell them for it wouldn't be worth all the aggro to try and make..shorly??????????????
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 pm

mike d wrote:at the price they sell them for it wouldn't be worth all the aggro to try and make..shorly??????????????
regards,mike...

unless you had a press machine with a die and just had to heat temper it !
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Matt mine will be here in morning..what more can you ask for....
a friend says his is the best tool in his toolbox...but never lends it out..
but he will come and get your Gib key out for you.
im tempted to put on on eBay to see what it makes,mite be another money spinner....
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2