www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Transport Wanted Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transport Wanted Please

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 04 2011, 19:47

Hello,

After some help with transport, I might be sorted but little worried it might fall through.

I am trying to get a engine from Mr Air Cooled's place in Cheshire to Ducklington show or my place at nr Watford, or any where a bit closer!

Alternatively, Phillip has kindly said he will bring it enstone in Nov, I'm not sure if I am on shift so if some some could pick it up and bring it a bit closer? if I can't go, or if someone in the oxford area could store it until my days off?

Dimensions are

Length 38 inches
Width 22 inches
Height 29 inches, or 24 inches with fuel tank removed.

The engine is not the complete length, I have been informed that someone who has had there wheatabix could shift it with the aid of ramps.

Any help would be great!

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Re: Transport Wanted Please

Post by matt86 on Mon Jul 04 2011, 20:24

steve i can store it for you untill you have some days off , if you aint going to ducklington i can get it from there

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 04 2011, 20:32

Im going Ducklington, The person collecting it from Cheshire hasn't been in contact with who has it, so it might be stuck in Cheshire until Enstone, but then im working for that in November, see how it goes!

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Jul 04 2011, 20:52

just let me know mate if you need storage would fit in the car or the trailer after

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Jul 05 2011, 08:18

Steve,
get it put on a pallet and it can be collected and delivered to your door.it will be around £40 give or take..
this way you will get it to your door,saves waiting or getting it stored...all you need to do is phone a pallet collection company...
my witte drag saw engine,LISTER H2 pump,argosy pump and a vacuum pump from Lancaster to Bournemouth all on one euro pallet was £45.00
you wouldn't even get up to Lancaster for that money...
good luck with it..regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 05 2011, 13:08

I have had a look at pallet shipping, one company will supply the pallet etc, think its about £50 there is another which works out cheaper £38 but not sure if you need a pallet etc....
I worked out the fuel and its working out about £45-50 for the round trip but its the time i takes to get up there.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Jul 05 2011, 21:34

Steve,get the seller to put it on a pallet..will make it cheaper that way..
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top