www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers clutches?

Go down

Villiers clutches? Empty Villiers clutches?

Post by harry76 Mon Sep 05 2011, 01:05

GDay all. I have a number of 98cc Villiers engines from reel mowers. I bought them with the intention of using them on motorized bikes (thread is posted in pride and joy) and have built one already using a hand style tensioner clutch. I was wondering if you are aware of centrifugal clutches that work with this engine. Ive found it hard to get info on these engines (which is why im here) being from Australia but have read these engines make 1HP @ 2700rpm, is that right? And if so it means a normal centrifugal clutch wont work, do you guys know of a solution? Im guessing the clutch on the mower wouldnt be strong enough???????

Anyway heres some pics....

I have 2 of these and know them as 98cc Villiers "slanthead version" and my favourite

Villiers clutches? P3110058

and i have 2 of these ones also

Villiers clutches? P3110060

Heres the clutch setup i made for the first Villiers bike, but id like to try and use a centrifugal clutch if possible

Villiers clutches? Picture688

And heres the first Villiers bike

Villiers clutches? Picture381

harry76
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Villiers clutches? Empty Re: Villiers clutches?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 10:22

That bike is sure something! Sorry I've had nothing to do with Villiers engines with a clutch.

Stu.

Back to top Go down