www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Thank you, wife etc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank you, wife etc.

Post by stationary stu on Thu Sep 15 2011, 09:22

This is a big Thank you to everyones wife (includes my own), husband, partner, girlfriend, boyfriend, lover and family member for letting us all have our hobby and not moaning to much when were not in the shed or on the field were sitting in front of a computer writing about them.

flower flower flower Thank you flower flower flower

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Thank you, wife etc.

Post by matt86 on Thu Sep 15 2011, 16:07

i agree to that my partner Annmarie is very understanding she actually likes the engines and loves coming to the rally's with me . Even when im in the shed hours on end .

what a little star Very Happy

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri Sep 16 2011, 09:23

Matt I posted this as my wife sometimes has her eye over my shoulder seeing what's going on, so it's to show in public that I'm greatful for her support. I also wamt to thank everyone else's other half that allows us to carry on this hobby as the engine numbers grow the time spent in the shed also grows.
Now would this be pushing it hmmmm ok I'll ask, does anyone get the full service whilst in there shed, by this I mean, cups of coffee, sandwich etc served to them as they happily woirk away? I don't and it's ok coz I need to go and rest often anyways.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Fri Sep 16 2011, 19:47

stationary stu wrote:Matt I posted this as my wife sometimes has her eye over my shoulder seeing what's going on, so it's to show in public that I'm greatful for her support. I also wamt to thank everyone else's other half that allows us to carry on this hobby as the engine numbers grow the time spent in the shed also grows.
Now would this be pushing it hmmmm ok I'll ask, does anyone get the full service whilst in there shed, by this I mean, cups of coffee, sandwich etc served to them as they happily woirk away? I don't and it's ok coz I need to go and rest often anyways.

Stu.

i surgested getting a door bell and a code for a cuppa or a bacon sarnie and i got to to f off ! wonder if that wash pushing it a bit lol .Have considered on getting a small tea urn

lol! lol! lol!

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Sep 17 2011, 09:23

Matt I got walkie talkies, they were used once when I first fot them and I was told just come in and get things it's easier scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sat Sep 17 2011, 18:34

has anyone else had a stationary engine bought for them by there wife/partner or son/daughter.....................
My MRS bought me a LISTER A a long time back for my birthday..i had to go and collect it but she payed for it..
i didn't even know she had bought it..i was well stoked she did that,but me being me i sold it some years later to fund another engine..i did ask permission before i sold it,and it did go to a good home..namely my mate IAN...
didn't get one for my fiftieth...
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat Sep 17 2011, 19:50

now i never knew that mike ... i wish i would be worried if annmarie did that for me as wonder if would be any good ... but she likey them all shiny with paint on so i guess would be a restored one lol! lol!

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Sat Sep 17 2011, 22:23

my wife vanessa is fantastic
she calls me on the internal fone cup of tea or your foods done ect ect
and she brings it to me normallly
and helps were she can with the restoration loading cleaning ect ect
not for a few weeks and some to come
as she has just given me another doughter MARIAH DORA-JANE born friday

MY OTHER daughter MARSEILLA she helps me with the engines (she calls them a DUFF DUFFS ) they make that sort of sound. in her own way for a 14 month old shes best at nocking rust of things with my leather hammer and giving me orders BLESS
(she calls them a DUFF DUFFS )
thank you to mine and others alike
thanks kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Sep 18 2011, 09:39

I'm going to put it's own thread up but since Mike has said about his wife buying him an engine I have to say that my wife has just bought (Friday) my Christmas pressie. Very Happy Very Happy I'm going to collect it today and I'm very happy with it even tho it's a non runner I don't think it will take a lot to sort out. It's an International Harvester LB 3-5hp.
Wow Kev she sure looks after you, mine does help with the loading-unloading of the engines if there heavy, and a shout that my dinners on come in a wash up. I did buy her, her own Villiers and BSA but she still hasn't got round to painting them up yet so looks like I might do it and surprise her one day.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Sun Sep 18 2011, 11:00

hi stu
your wife has good taste in engines
she realy must love you
!!!!!!!!!!!!! or shes got it for her self !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,lol
when youve got it running LOL
its a good looking engine i was looking at it
i would leave the paint as is for me
shouldnt take to much to get going and its almost complete

MY WIFE WOULD OF BOUGHT ME THE engine I DREAM OF
IF WE HAD the money

well done to you bolth
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Sep 19 2011, 11:04

Thanks Kev, your wife will, but you have to remember you have a growing family so they come first, when you get old like Mike and myself you can save a little as we only have grand kids to buy for, so you'll just have to wait another 20 years and I'm sure she'll see you right Very Happy
I don't think my wife would take this, now if it had been a John Deere I'd sure have a fight on my hands as she likes all JD engines, she even wants to paint her Villiers Mk10 in to green and yellow JD colours.
I have started a new thread to keep everyone updated on how the engine progresses.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top