www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Forum header pic (for over the winter months only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you like forum members engine as Header pic.

56% 56% 
[ 5 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Forum header pic (for over the winter months only)

Post by stationary stu on Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:11

I've spoke to Paul and it looks as if a few of forum members would like to have there own engines as the forum header picture but due not not getting enough votes don't have the chance so I'm putting it out as a vote to get your opinion and over the winter we'll run a members engine.
I'll let the voting run for a few weeks to get a good idea of everyones thoughts.

Stu.

Last edited by stationary stu on Sun Nov 27 2011, 10:54; edited 1 time in total

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum header pic (for over the winter months only)

Post by matt86 on Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:35

or stu , how about this for a idea ? submit a thread for everyone wanting to have a picture of there engine up as the header picture and leave it open lets say for a week or so ... Then after that depending on how many and the quality of the pictures get used one at a time for a short amount of time ( like a rota ) . That way should be fair .... well sounds fair lol! lol!

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue Sep 20 2011, 04:39

matt86_wd2 wrote:or stu , how about this for a idea ? submit a thread for everyone wanting to have a picture of there engine up as the header picture and leave it open lets say for a week or so ... Then after that depending on how many and the quality of the pictures get used one at a time for a short amount of time ( like a rota ) . That way should be fair .... well sounds fair lol! lol!

I SECOND IT
it will get the newbes to stationary engines and there restoration like me on the forum more often
and when your engine is up there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 on the TOP OF THE PAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its like an award for the work we all do to keep the past from the junkyards and show just what help with making the world of today
wether you have a i.e villiers aircooled or a big money opencrank
people stop To look at them all and REMEMBER THEM AT WORK OR EXPLAIN TO THE YOUNGER ONES

so dont freeze the forum on one engine MIX IT UP AND LET ALL HAVE A SHOW ON THE FORUM
thanks kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Sep 20 2011, 09:24

Can I ask the member that didn't understand the poll to pm me so I can explain it to them. I'd rather everyone understand then complain later.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Tue Sep 20 2011, 15:34

kevjhnsn wrote:
matt86_wd2 wrote:or stu , how about this for a idea ? submit a thread for everyone wanting to have a picture of there engine up as the header picture and leave it open lets say for a week or so ... Then after that depending on how many and the quality of the pictures get used one at a time for a short amount of time ( like a rota ) . That way should be fair .... well sounds fair lol! lol!

I SECOND IT
it will get the newbes to stationary engines and there restoration like me on the forum more often
and when your engine is up there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 on the TOP OF THE PAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its like an award for the work we all do to keep the past from the junkyards and show just what help with making the world of today
wether you have a i.e villiers aircooled or a big money opencrank
people stop To look at them all and REMEMBER THEM AT WORK OR EXPLAIN TO THE YOUNGER ONES

so dont freeze the forum on one engine MIX IT UP AND LET ALL HAVE A SHOW ON THE FORUM
thanks kev

So i do have good ideas lol lol! lol! lol!

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Sep 20 2011, 22:56

sounds like you mite have something there young man....you should go and and rest now as you will need the rest...

regards,mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Sep 21 2011, 09:40

Looks to be a good idea Matt, we will wait as see how the voting goes for a bit longer before making the final decision. So it could be if a members engine is shown for say 2 weeks but they will have to be in a resonable condition.

There's now 2 votes to say they don't understand can you please pm me so I can explain what we plan to do.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Oct 16 2011, 10:08

The "don't understand the question" voters never got back to me so it looks as if we'll feature members engines on the header. Once I get the last pic sorted (having a few problems Laughing ) we can then do members engines, so bear with me and I'll keep you updated and start a list soon, please don't send anything yet,

thank you.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by casper on Tue Oct 25 2011, 21:24

The only problem I see is that the picture of the Lister Junior is massive, half of it doesn't even fit on my laptop screen which means i've no idea where I am on the forum and I have to scroll down quite a way to see what is underneath. It's not very easy to navigate around with such a big picture taking up more than the whole screen.. Also as i'm on a dongle with limited internet I expect it's slowing my pc down alot too. Dam, I sound moany don't I...
Gary

casper
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Oct 26 2011, 09:00

Hi Gary, I've already explained in another thread about the header picture, but I'll tell you again. It's the first time I've done it and didn't expect it to be so large, and I don't know how to resize it. As the saying goes we learn by our mistakes and that's my mistake and I'm sorry for any problems it's causing you. The next picture will be resized before I put it as the header pic.

Check out the thread for October pic.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Oct 26 2011, 09:37

Header pic now sorted thanks to fellow forum member Hob that came to my rescue, thanks again Neville.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by casper on Wed Oct 26 2011, 11:08

Cheers, that's alot better.
Gary

casper
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu Oct 27 2011, 09:29

Glad to help Very Happy

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Nov 27 2011, 10:51

Has any members got an engine that hasn't already been featured on the forum header and would like it to be? It's for one engine only at present so if you can submit your pic please I'll get it sorted. I'll open a new thread for you to add your picture to, please remember we only want engines that's complete and something you'd be able to take to a show.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sun Nov 27 2011, 23:39

stationary stu wrote:Glad to help Very Happy

Stu.

as always Stu you've done it again..thanks m8 for helping ....
your a super star.....
regards,mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Nov 28 2011, 10:53

Mike it wasn't me it was Hob that did all the hard work so big thanks to him. With it being the first time I couldn't get it the correct size and neville sorted it for me.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Mon Nov 28 2011, 12:28

ops..well thank you Neville for sorting it..
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top