www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Berwick to North Midlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Berwick to North Midlands

Post by Foden on Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:07

Just a long shot, but could anyone transport an iron baseplate 2ft long from the Berwick area down country to the North Midlands or Yorkshire area for me please? Thanks for looking.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Berwick to North Midlands

Post by mike d on Tue Oct 11 2011, 22:03

hi Pete...
have you tried to get a courier to see how much it mite cost..
regards,mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Oct 12 2011, 09:39

I wish you'd asked sooner Pete I know someone that's just done Scotland to Derby about 10 days ago. I'll ask on the Scottish vanners forum I'm on see if anyone else heading south in the next week or so.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Thu Oct 13 2011, 01:22

i should of been on hear yesterday as i whent to berwick yesterday and i live in cheshire
sorry should of been on hear and if id of know i was going there
instead of harlach in wales not much of a difference honest lol
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu Oct 13 2011, 08:47

Kev you have the map upside down lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Thu Oct 13 2011, 18:41

Thanks for the replies chaps, hadnt seen them before as Matlock has been without electric for 23 hours! Crying or Very sad Thank goodness for Tilley Lamps! I should be sorted now, the seller has a friend who can bring it to me at the Newark Tractor Show in November.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri Oct 14 2011, 09:29

You have electricity now well done, I'm sure there'll be a few hic ups with them first setting it up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad to here you've got it sorted Pete, I cancel the message on the other forum.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Fri Oct 14 2011, 12:50

stationary stu wrote:You have electricity now well done, I'm sure there'll be a few hic ups with them first setting it up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad to here you've got it sorted Pete, I cancel the message on the other forum.

Stu.

We are only on temporary electricity at the moment Stu, a sub station exploded and left Ashbourne, Matlock, Bakewell, Uttoxeter and Cromford without power. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-15279267 They have set up mobile gennys for a week or so as the substation is still to unstable for workers to access it, of course the gennys have to be refuelled so the power goes of while they do that!
We plant to be back to normal whithin a week or two.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Oct 15 2011, 09:12

Sorry to hear that Pete, That's a big sub station to take out that many houses, I'm sure they will give you a discount in your bill for all the disruption caused. Laughing Laughing I hope your soon back to normal Pete as I bet you loss power just when you need it. A sinilar thing happened to us but mainly our estate and they had a genny running for about 10 days the noise was unbelevable and it was at the other side of the estate must have been torcher for those near by.

Hope your sorted soon,

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:44

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top