www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

a very reliable transport service for pallet deliveries.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a very reliable transport service for pallet deliveries.

Post by mike d on Sun Nov 06 2011, 19:35

this company gives you a very good service,go for the 48hour delivery for cheaper delivery
they also supply a pallets if you need one

http://www.nationalpallets.co.uk/

regards..mike....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: a very reliable transport service for pallet deliveries.

Post by stationary stu on Mon Nov 07 2011, 10:44

Very handy service to know, Thanks for sharing Mike.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Nov 08 2011, 10:48

Stu..that's not a problem,im here to help when i can...(which isn't very often)... lol! lol! lol!
well recommended company mate..i had no problem at all,and it was a very quick collection and delivery
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Nov 08 2011, 11:07

Mike I've never used a service like this, how does it work? Does it have to be on a pallet near to the gate and when it's delivered is it the same or do they just drop on the roadside. Has the truck got a tail lift or a hi-ab? What happens if there's steps can they still do the job or have you got to get it to the roadside. I know you won't know all the answers but just idea of how it works would be appreciated.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Nov 08 2011, 12:19

HI STU...
good call mate...
first you need to call them or do it on line..if you phone them they will go through it with you...
you will need the size of the pallet and the weight as well..most of them are classed as 1/4 euro pallets,but check first.
click on the quote icon and fill in the collection address and the delivery address (post codes) then the service you want. IE next day or economy,i do 48hour economy but its up to you.
then they give you a day they will collect,then pay for it and that's it
they collect them with a palletizer and a tail lift (you must tell them that you need this service) its no extra cost to you as most of the lorry's have tail lifts and pump up trucks anyway..
when they collect the pallet (the item has to be on a pallet of course,so you need to get the person you get the item from can do this for you and you will need there postcode for the quote),but this company do supply pallets but ive never had this service,i always make sure the seller can pallet it first and its secured to the pallet and has the delivery address is on the item in large letters so that theres no confusion..if they can wrap it then all well and good,it doesn't have to be wrapped though,if its an engine there must not be any fuel or oil in them,due to health and safety.....
once its been collected,it makes its way to you and when it arrives at your end the driver brings the pallet off the lorry to were you want it via the pallet truck.well that's how it works for me,ive had them taken to the rear of the property..
then you need to check the item isn't damaged and if your satisfied with it sign 4 it..
what could be more easy than that...
BUT a word of warning be sure the person your dealing with is ok,what i mean is that the item is what it should be and in the condition they say it is, if its eBay or something like that check there feedback and only go ahead when your sure..
hope this helps you,but if you get stuck then contact me and i will do my best to help you..
ive had loads of engines and implements delivered this way and have only been done once by a feller in Ireland who sorted the pallet company for me...BID MISTAKE..always do it yourself and make sure its insured,there is a standard amount of insurance on all the pallets they move but make sure the amount covers you item...
regards,mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Nov 09 2011, 10:58

Mike would it be a good idea to get the seller to take a load of pics and email you them so you can see before it's collected any damage or if parts go missing i.e. an oiler knocked off.
I'm thinking this would be the cheapest option for an engine to be collected, even if it's a hunded miles away the cost of fuel etc makes pallet line just as cheap.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Wed Nov 09 2011, 14:37

Stu..
every open crank that ive had delivered ive asked the seller to put the oiler in the hopper wrapped up so no damage,ive never had anything stolen from the engines,and the driver would be responsible for it but it has never happened.
i had the witte drag saw engine +1 h2 water pump,+1 argosy pump,and a vacuum pump all on the same pallet all the way from Lancaster (5 1/2hours from me) delivered to my door for £53.00.that wouldn't have got me up there let a lone back again,and there was no damage what so ever.it was collected one day and was with me 2days later.
the only trouble ive ever had in all the years of doing this was like i said when i had a feller from Ireland sort the delivery for me...BIG mistake got nothing back for the damage.....always book the transport yourself and make sure its covered by insurance,then check it thoroughly when it arrives and only sign when you are completely satisfied...this is the easiest way for me to do it as my back problem wont let me travel to far.....i also have a feller that does collections in a van,he went and collected the SAXON for me from Cornwall and charged me £120.00 for the privilege,i could have got it pelleted for half that price,but it was to much for the feller i bought it from....always check with the seller etc that they can put it on a pallet and its secured properly
the witte was strapped to the pallet by large cable ties and that never mover one bit,i also had the engine running for about 6hours with it still strapped to the pallet and again it still didn't move.....if you not happy with having things pelleted then i would say go and collect it.but with the price of fuel its a no brainier....
good luck with what ever you decide...
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top