www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My local club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My local club

Post by RAB on Fri Dec 09 2011, 17:36

Here is my local club

http://www.dumfriesandgallowayvintagemachineryclub.co.uk/

Paul

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: My local club

Post by stationary stu on Sat Dec 10 2011, 10:46

Looks to be a good show Paul, I had a look at the video and they even have a dating section at the beginning of the video so you can check over your new girlfriend before taking her home. Embarassed lots of interest . bounce bounce lol! lol! lol!

The club I'm a member of has a big problem with the chairman, problem being he says what he wants for the club and nobody else can have a say, thing is members are now not bothering with the club except for turning up at the rallies. Everyone can see it's going downhill but the chairman just won't listen to anyone elses opinion except his own.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Sat Dec 10 2011, 20:18

Get him voted off Stu Smile Smile
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Dec 11 2011, 11:05

Jonesey, No one will take his place, it's a little click they have. It's him his wife and son so you'd need to get rid of the all to make any difference and there's not enough people interested in the club now to do it.

It a case of put up or shut up and everyone has just shut up now.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Sun Dec 11 2011, 20:33

What a shame just start up a club your self Stu
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:04

A few friends have talked about it so will wait and see. Another local club (Very South of the area about 30 miles away) just split as they were a club mainly for cars so were waiting to see what happens there as there not getting much interest but again the chairman is not well liked.
We even know where we can hold a steam fair as one was held there years ago but the land owners have changed and they are looking to start one again.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Mon Dec 12 2011, 23:32

Stu you dont need a chairman as long as there are 4 of you you all decide how you want things to run start of nice and small, just have a rally no entry cost but have some buckets for charity, you all have or should have public insurance on your engines.
Get a fast food van in they put a lotted amount in the buckets, it will work
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Dec 13 2011, 10:43

Jonesey what about toilets, they cost a fortune to hire and now due to new laws there must be a disabled one available. It's all H&S you have to check out now, the land owner needs public laibility also. I organised rallies (buses and commercials) 15-20 years ago and even then it was liability laws, lucky enough the company I worked for covered it on there insurance.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Tue Dec 13 2011, 20:30

Stu not if its private do ,you are not charging to come in Question Question
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Dec 14 2011, 10:22

Thanks Jonesey I'll remember that and see what the others say.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Wed Dec 14 2011, 17:13

Stu i have been thinking about joining my local club , i have spoken to 1 or 2 members on the comity and i am going along to a meeting tomorrow night , and see what i make of it , £10 a year to join comes with £6-000-000 public liability that covers me any number of engines and at home as well if a visitor got injured etc . not oo bad i though ... would be nice to get to know a few people more closer to home with the same interest .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Dec 14 2011, 18:01

Matt, my club do insurance and I get the family membership which is only £2 more and that covers my wife, so if I need to nip away for a pee I don't need to turn the engine off if she with it, very handy I find.
I've found a few good friends at the club and it's handy at rallies to help each other.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Wed Dec 14 2011, 19:56

Matt a good club for you would be the Lambourne one really good
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Wed Dec 14 2011, 22:35

JONESEY wrote:Matt a good club for you would be the Lambourne one really good
Jonesey

i have tried and i can not get hold of them ... Im visiting Cotswold oil engine preservation society tomorrow night , they seem a biggish one , there has been loads of smaller ones but folded and didn't last too long .

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Wed Dec 14 2011, 23:12

Matt, here you go 21st December Woodlands-St-Marys Village Hall
Mrs Mitchell 0148871964
Its a great club
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Wed Dec 14 2011, 23:16

JONESEY wrote:Matt, here you go 21st December Woodlands-St-Marys Village Hall
Mrs Mitchell 0148871964
Its a great club
Jonesey

Is it a very big club chris , just thinking that Cotswold one is only by lechlade , and im faringdon so 20 mins and lambourn woodlands would be 40 mins from me . used to work at a company called arcana seating in lambourn woodlands .

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Wed Dec 14 2011, 23:57

No not that big but some very good lads to get in with they are really helpful Never got on with the Cotswold one to clicky but you got to give them ago
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Thu Dec 15 2011, 00:04

JONESEY wrote:No not that big but some very good lads to get in with they are really helpful Never got on with the Cotswold one to clicky but you got to give them ago
Jonesey

i will go see what the crack is , ive spoken to doug and he seems nice enough chap .

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddy on Wed Jan 25 2012, 22:24

thers one old feller i get on well with at the woodlands club.plus i have some friends that go ther.butt when you get 50 or 60 peaple in ther its a bit loud.but still good fun i havent been for a while as my father inlaw cant stand it being loud.matt goes the other way from me so im stuck with no transport to get ther.unless thers some one on her that would give a lift happy to help towards fuel.

Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddy on Sun Mar 03 2013, 19:20

any one got grahams number for woodlands as he is in charge of it now.

Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top