www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister A fuel system problems !

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lister A fuel system problems !

Post by stationary stu on Wed Dec 14 2011, 10:31

I never have problems with neighbours complaining as they have 2 kids and that covers all engine noise lol! lol! lol! I did have a neighbour stick his head over the fence only because he was interested so never any problems with crank ups here Very Happy

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Wed Dec 14 2011, 16:13

stationary stu wrote:I never have problems with neighbours complaining as they have 2 kids and that covers all engine noise lol! lol! lol! I did have a neighbour stick his head over the fence only because he was interested so never any problems with crank ups here Very Happy

Stu.

matt and stu
i have nosy neighbours that love to moan ,SO I NOW START THE ENGINE BETWEEN 9am AND 7pm
LOL LOL LOL AND LET THEM WASTE THE TIME AND MONEY ON PHONES CALLS ,STAMPS AND LETTERS COMPLAINING LOL LOL LOL
*************HOPE YOU GET A GOOD RESULT FROM MY HELP WITH THE LISTER A ********************8
as i learned all what ive said to you from my experance this season
with my own lister A teathing troubles
thanks kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Wed Dec 14 2011, 16:50

Once the gland packing is here i will get it all together and have a fiddle with it , in the meanwhile tonight im going to try and unsieze a Fowler Smile

and regarding crank ups i start engine as much as i want but not after 8pm i do have some consideration for others ,

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Dec 14 2011, 18:14

Well like I've said I havn't had any complaints yet but I also bought a cheap petrol strimmer that's louder then any of my engines so if they want to start i'm ready lol! lol! lol! by the way the petrol strimmer is for a lawn that's 20ft x 12ft so it's a bit like using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Tue Dec 20 2011, 21:39

I have put the A all back together and given it a quick 2 min run in the shed and it seems all good so far ... I will find out Friday when i get it out and see with a good run . but no weaping of fuel , i think the inlet valve clearence is a little too big though the bang when started made me nearlly poo myself lol! lol!

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Dec 21 2011, 10:31

Nice one Matt, let us know how it goes after a long run, fingers crossed for you.

I never thought of a Lister A as a laxative lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue Jan 10 2012, 03:17

stationary stu wrote:Nice one Matt, let us know how it goes after a long run, fingers crossed for you.

Stu.

oh stu when they pop they pop big time at the 1000 engine rally left my engine running under my mate neils supervision
when i was at the far end of the rally i got a call from hi to say your engines of song bang and then 2secs later i heard it with my own ears
i was about 1/2mile away down hill from my engine and found it was just running out of juice fuel lol
thanks kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue Jan 10 2012, 03:17

stationary stu wrote:Nice one Matt, let us know how it goes after a long run, fingers crossed for you.

Stu.

oh stu when they pop they pop big time at the 1000 engine rally left my engine running under my mate neils supervision
when i was at the far end of the rally i got a call from hi to say your engines of song bang and then 2secs later i heard it with my own ears
i was about 1/2mile away down hill from my engine and found it was just running out of juice fuel lol
thanks kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Jan 10 2012, 11:44

I know when I get a pop it makes me jump as your never expecting them so it must of been loud if you heard yours from 1/2 mile away. lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top