www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister ld1 oil seal

2 posters

Go down

Lister ld1 oil seal Empty Lister ld1 oil seal

Post by craigx Tue Dec 20 2011, 19:02

Hi,

I am currently cleaning up a Lister ld1 which dates about 1960. My manual shows a felt disk for the flywheel crank bearing. Unfortunately, my little engine has a proper oil seal which is defunct and needs replacing. Does anyone have any data on what it is - size - cat number etc. and is it possible to dig it out without removing the crank.

Best regards

craigx
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister ld1 oil seal Empty Re: Lister ld1 oil seal

Post by Foden Tue Dec 20 2011, 23:55

You wont need to remove the crank, the rear main bearing housing can be unbolted from the crankcase (four bolts) after removing the flywheel, cowling and also the oil feed pipe to the bearing which you access through the crankcase inspection door. There are shims between the bearing housing and crankcase as well. Mine had the felt seal, and there was also a circular steel ring on the crank which is an oil slinger, if however your engine has a proper lip seal can you not dig it out after removing the flywheel (which I assume you have already done) and take it to a bearing stockist who should be able to find something comparable?

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by craigx Wed Dec 21 2011, 10:57

Thank you for that. Having now removed the rear bearing housing I see that the seal is a felt ring. I cant see how you removing it or more importantly, tighten it up a bit to improve the seal.

craigx
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum