www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

my next projects underway if they make it

Go down

my next projects underway  if they make it Empty my next projects underway if they make it

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 07 2012, 03:17

started the strip down of another three VILLIERS engines today
1x villiers mk20 with 5.2:1 reduction box and flat belt pulley
1x villiers mk12 with 3:1 reduction and a
early mk12 with 5:1 reduction box

my next projects underway  if they make it Photo_26
just a bit seized up solid took 4hrs to get the head off the block
definatly needs a decoke lol

my next projects underway  if they make it Photo_27
filed the bore with wd40 and parrafin on the three engines mk20 had to do from filling piston with it up side down as valves are closed and plug wont come out of head and head nuts removed but head is stuck fast for the mean time
have to leave this one for a week or to for the mix to soak through and will have a blow lamp around it to try an open some rust gaps up for a better chance of stripping and not snapping parts apart " fingers crossed tight VERY TIGHT" lol lol

my next projects underway  if they make it Photo_28

my next projects underway  if they make it Photo_29

my next projects underway  if they make it Photo_31

mk20 in three big seized up lumps even the reduction box is seized as all with water and no oil in
them
hope i can save somthing from this lot

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

my next projects underway  if they make it Empty Re: my next projects underway if they make it

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 07 2012, 23:22

just got the mk12 on the right of table with head off moving all looked ok so just lapped the valves in and reasembled them in engine
started to deglaze the bore and were the piston was the gugeon pin has allowed rust to form in the bore in half moons so now come in to look at the book for max to bore out with std piston and rings and see if i can save it or see if i have a +20 thou piston in my bits pile
or its the scrappy for the block
thought it freed of to easy lol lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

my next projects underway  if they make it Empty Re: my next projects underway if they make it

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2012, 11:33

Kev, how far down the bore is the rust marks? if there under where the rings go down to it should be ok just to clean up and leave if it runs smooth with out it catching.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Jan 08 2012, 15:40

[quote="stationary stu"]Kev, how far down the bore is the rust marks? if there under where the rings go down to it should be ok just to clean up and leave if it runs smooth with out it catching.

Stu.[/quote

stu the damage is at top dead center worst place to have it so later im getting the dialgauge in there to see if i can save it
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 11:55

Sorry to hear it's near the top of the bore, I'm sure you'll sort it with all the spares you have.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jan 10 2012, 01:19

stationary stu wrote:Sorry to hear it's near the top of the bore, I'm sure you'll sort it with all the spares you have.

Stu.
hi stu
some were in the sheds there is a old p.o/bt waterpump mk12villiers with a load of engine bits snapped and cracked
if i have it still or it was scrapped for getting the lister a in shed
thanks for that stu LOL LOL YOU MADE MY HEAD HURT LOL LOL thinking of things at this time of the day lol
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 11:51

I'm sure you'll sort it Kev, and my head hurts all the time, that's what thinking does to ya. scratch lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down