www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

+4
YorkshireChugger
DanBoy
JONESEY
kevjhnsn
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 Empty Re: villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 11:35

Don't bring me into it I have enough of my own problems LOL.

I like to use the easy sand filler get a better finish.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 Empty Re: villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

Post by kevjhnsn Tue May 29 2012, 13:21

kevjhnsn wrote:villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 101_6121

video to follow soon as
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Tue May 29 2012, 13:36; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue May 29 2012, 13:34

this is the finished back to original 1944 spec
with the twin fuel tank left in original villiers paint,
original tinwork
and throttle back were it should be
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 100_6210
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 100_6211
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 100_6212
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 100_6213
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 3 100_6214
video to follow soon as
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:22; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue May 29 2012, 13:49

enjoy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by park Tue May 29 2012, 20:54

Kev.......looks good in grey, i mean't to ask you at Smallwood, Where do you look to find the working history of a particular engine??
the reason i ask is, on your display you had quite a lot of information regarding what the engine had done and when?
cheers
Parky

park
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Tue May 29 2012, 21:14

looks great Kev, well done Very Happy

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed May 30 2012, 04:43

park wrote:Kev.......looks good in grey, i mean't to ask you at Smallwood, Where do you look to find the working history of a particular engine??
the reason i ask is, on your display you had quite a lot of information regarding what the engine had done and when?
cheers
Parky

phil
lister a was from mr edgington,
wx11 is just copied from the sales leflets i have on them from forum members and web searches for info
its out there some were just dig it out of people and web sites
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed May 30 2012, 04:46

just noticed i still need to make a copper fuel pipe for it
wwwwhhhhhhooooooopppppppssssyy Embarassed lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 11:58

Kev it looks and sounds great, good job done mate.
Does it run ok on parraffin? I've not seen one before so we interested.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed May 30 2012, 15:12

stationary stu wrote:Kev it looks and sounds great, good job done mate.
Does it run ok on parraffin? I've not seen one before so we interested.

Stu.
stu
the video is it on the parrafin and a little petrol mixed in
when its starting on petrol it sounds rougher
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31 2012, 11:38

It runs fine on paraffin Kev sounds strange it don't like petrol.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:21

stationary stu wrote:It runs fine on paraffin Kev sounds strange it don't like petrol.

Stu.
stu ive played around with it at shrewsbury rally and it now only runs on full choke for petrol ,
but nice and smooth until warmed and ready for paraffin,
atleast i know when its ready for the heavier fuel to be turned on, and then same again when the carb is full of tvo ,
open choke and of she goes all day
so tinker time when set up and pumping water on the field is better than ,it runs and is fine at home, as thers about 3 mins before the 1/8 turn takes effect
so you soon get peed off doing it at home lol lol lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3