www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

some more engines ariving ...

+2
kevjhnsn
matt86
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

some more engines ariving ... - Page 3 Empty Re: some more engines ariving ...

Post by matt86 Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:43

kevjhnsn wrote:yes sorry matt forget its the carry frame that you sat on the fowler wheeled trolley that mike was moaning about lol lol
i he ok he not her much at the min spoke for 5 mins yesterday to him but not muc for him lol
kev

What was the old codger moaning about ?

The trolley was off the bamford engine i recently sold . The wheel and axels will be used for the fowler once its done , but cant make the fowler trolley until the Ih one is made Crying or Very sad

lots of bits to do but waiting on bits and bobs , i need to pick up some wheels for the ih yet . but im getting there , just put another coat of varnish on timber .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:11

My wood working skills ain't that good to be mess about with quality wood, I'd only make a mess of it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:15

stationary stu wrote:My wood working skills ain't that good to be mess about with quality wood, I'd only make a mess of it.

Stu.

Stu im getting alot better with wood its all about planning it out as drawing some designs up and taking your time . Remember measure twice cut once ! Have been learning various skills of my dad and a few people of the internet ie youtube and a wood working forum .

I DO like a nice trolley made from some hardwood , but if you need strength go to a steel one . Im in 2 minds what to do for the fowler trolley , i know it will just be a fixed axle but do i go wood or steel ... Question

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:32

The weight of the Fowler and a fixed axle I think I'd go for steel, as moving it round will put pressure on the bolts ect where they fix into the wood. My opinion you know whats best for you.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:44

stationary stu wrote:The weight of the Fowler and a fixed axle I think I'd go for steel, as moving it round will put pressure on the bolts ect where they fix into the wood. My opinion you know whats best for you.

Stu.

I cant see how its would strain the wood stu .... Bolts would be 12mm coach bolts , but over time it could wear a oval hole in the wood i suppose.

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3