www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Interesting machinery and implements?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting machinery and implements?

Post by Hagman187 on Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:35

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for some interesting things to drive off of our engines? We've got a stuart water pump, a lister shearing set and a massive mechanical hacksaw. That's 3 engines sorted, The Lister L31 looks nice just going on its own, so does the stuart turner r3m, so that leaves 5 engines with nothing to do. Has anyone got any suggestions of something a bit different and interesting which we can run? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Dan.

Hagman187
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

re interestig machinary & equipment

Post by Tony C on Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:11

Heres one you could put one of your engines to work with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lister-diesel-engine-capstan-winch-1960s-/280865116931?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item4164dd9303

cheers Tony

Tony C
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting machinery and implements?

Post by stationary stu on Tue Apr 17 2012, 09:41

Dan there's often a few bits turn up on ebay, there was a large thrasher on, and often other agricultural items there's also saw bench, drills/grinders, generators. Have a look around some old rallies and see what others have.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagman187 on Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:50

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the winch, a bit far away though sadly. I've bought a sawbench at a sale today, wisely I didn't try lifting it or measuring it to see if I could get it in my truck and I looked a right plank. Oh well, got it home eventually. Cheers, Dan.

Hagman187
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top