www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Badly repaired and slapped together sunshine engine

+7
Foden
Abes
kevjhnsn
mike d
BRASSO
matt86
ian webb
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Badly repaired and slapped together sunshine engine - Page 2 Empty Re: Badly repaired and slapped together sunshine engine

Post by Abes Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:16

Read somewhere that if cast is arc welded without heating and cooling proply you end up with hairline fractures in the metal might be worth taking a gander, thats some list of cock ups things like that would do my head in, it dont take that much longer to do the job right, oh one thing on a completely diffrent note you forgot to tell me how much i owe you for the item i PM'd you about

Admin

Back to top Go down

Badly repaired and slapped together sunshine engine - Page 2 Empty Re: Badly repaired and slapped together sunshine engine

Post by ian webb Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:19

if your talking about the pipe nothing, i forgot to find it and send a pic, i was busy helping mike etc i will def find it tomorrow,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:22

Abes, yes the piles are playing up, the piles of scrap engines lol, that was my horrified look when i saw the damage to mikes engine,
Ian,

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:24

Hey no rush mate you've got more important things on your hands at the moment , lol if you dont want payment ill have to pay you in canned liquid then

ian webb wrote:if your talking about the pipe nothing, i forgot to find it and send a pic, i was busy helping mike etc i will def find it tomorrow,
Ian

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:26

or Eggs lol, mind you that canned gives me a face like that the next morning,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:28

Eggs are always here for you mate, lol and i told you your not supposed to drink them all at once

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:36

Now you gonna tell me not through a straw either,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:39

Ian when you said your petter was bad i did not realise how bad it was ... Seems to me one individual is getting a really bad name now ... Any ideas when the cylinder will be back ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:46

Matt, no i dnt know itll be back when its back, you cant rush these people, hes supposed t obe the dogs dangleys at his work so will just let him do it at his own pace, theres no hurry,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Apr 19 2012, 23:01

ian webb wrote:Matt, no i dnt know itll be back when its back, you cant rush these people, hes supposed t obe the dogs dangleys at his work so will just let him do it at his own pace, theres no hurry,
Ian

your quite right there mate , you want a top job then can wait , plus you have the D type to rally until then . Have you managed to strip apart that bottom end i gave you mate ?

matt

matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Apr 19 2012, 23:17

LOL oh no a straw is always good

ian webb wrote:Now you gonna tell me not through a straw either,
Ian

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20 2012, 11:26

Well Mike and Ian I think you've took it well or your not showing on here how you realy feel. I think that the person you bought these engines from should be named. I'm thinking if someone new/ish to SE had bought one of these engines they would be screwed and not know where to turn for help to sort it.
I'm guessing that these engines wern't peanuts and the repairs are going to cost as much if not more then the engines are worth, if someone on limited funds bought it they maybe couldn't afford the repairs and scrap them. So I think the seller should be named on this forum and the only reason for not naming them is if your taking legal action.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Fri Apr 20 2012, 14:08

If the seller is not a forum member (as has been established) then naming him wont make much difference. He wont see it, and most folk wont know him anyway? This is one reson why I rarely buy an engine from ebay, and certainly never buy unseen, there are a few dodgy types out there who buy engines etc at auction and then resell without really knowing the condition of them. Seen a few over the years with paper filled magneto's and plugs held in with Isopon etc, just a few spoil it for everyone.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Fri Apr 20 2012, 15:22

What has went on here with both engines is bad craick !

It does not take much to be honest about the real condition of an item for sale and would not alter the value that much to the buyer who wants the engine anyway. What is annoying is the deceit.

I do sympathise with the two of you.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Fri Apr 20 2012, 15:32

billypurves wrote:What has went on here with both engines is bad craick !

It does not take much to be honest about the real condition of an item for sale and would not alter the value that much to the buyer who wants the engine anyway. What is annoying is the deceit.

I do sympathise with the two of you.

I would agree with this one. If the engines where just purchased and sold on again, then they should have been sold as unknown or not working. I fail to see how you can sell and engine as a runner if you have not had it running to know its mechanically sound.

Or if the seller has been made aware of any issues the buyer has found the least they could do is offer some compensation, agree to repair or a complete refund. You cant be fairer than that.

regards

Martin
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Fri Apr 20 2012, 16:40

Hi all, thanks for all the comments, as has been mentioned its the deceit more than anything, we are both engine men and neither afraid of a total pile of scrap whatever it may be, engines cars motobikes even lawnmowers etc we will fix them, and to be honest i would still of had a deal on my engine i expect mike would have also but would have liked to have known faults etc to price accordingly and have an honest deal, also its been mentioned legal action well no that wont be happening in fact nothing is happening apart from crack on, both engines still have plenty of value left in them at the end of it should we ever decide to sell them, but just incase any of you are thinking thats why we bought them we didnt they are purely for our collections, and if and when they do go on there way we will both stand proud knowing whats been done to them and not had anyone over,
were both alike and have taken on our chins we will have the last laugh we always do,
all we will do now is keep you all posted on the progress we make of restoring them,
Ian
It could be worse it could be the washing machine or dishwasher that packed up, then id ave er indoors on my case, lol! lol! lol! lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Fri Apr 20 2012, 18:44

I have been watching this with some interest, ...........firstly let me say that i sympathize with you both for what seems to be a deliberate fraud .........both for the disappointment you both must have suffered and the loss of funds.

secondly ...... i understand that naming the person concerned on an open forum could lead to all sorts of legal problems, which is a great shame as it would stop others making the same mistake.

if it were me i would be demanding my money back...............if they were advertised through a third party such as eBay i would be in touch with them for mis-advertising machines as runners when they plainly were not and selling engines that were not correctly described. if it was a private sale then ...........the only option would be to take them to court for mis-selling which could cost more than its worth Neutral

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bamfordlad Fri Apr 20 2012, 18:53

hob wrote:

if it were me i would be demanding my money back...............if they were advertised through a third party such as eBay i would be in touch with them for mis-advertising machines as runners when they plainly were not and selling engines that were not correctly described. if it was a private sale then ...........the only option would be to take them to court for mis-selling which could cost more than its worth Neutral

1st port of call is surely to get in touch with the seller, but from what I have read it does not look like either Mike or Ian have done this.

Bamfordlad
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Fri Apr 20 2012, 19:15

Hi bamford, please dont start assuming things, we are not looking for anyone to decide for us as what to do, for your information yes the seller was contacted and we have no need to go into details on here as to what was discussed, we are just telling friends on here what has happened, if this thread is going to turn into people telling us what we should and shouldnt have done and assumptions ill ask a Mike to delete it, we have dealt with the problem without getting nasty or threats and like adults,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Apr 20 2012, 19:51

LOL and in a nutshell that should be the end of it, lol now lets get them engines fixed if i can be of any limited help give us a shout

ian webb wrote:Hi bamford, please dont start assuming things, we are not looking for anyone to decide for us as what to do, for your information yes the seller was contacted and we have no need to go into details on here as to what was discussed, we are just telling friends on here what has happened, if this thread is going to turn into people telling us what we should and shouldnt have done and assumptions ill ask a Mike to delete it, we have dealt with the problem without getting nasty or threats and like adults,
Ian

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 21 2012, 10:22

ian webb wrote:Hi bamford, please dont start assuming things, we are not looking for anyone to decide for us as what to do, for your information yes the seller was contacted and we have no need to go into details on here as to what was discussed, we are just telling friends on here what has happened, if this thread is going to turn into people telling us what we should and shouldnt have done and assumptions ill ask a Mike to delete it, we have dealt with the problem without getting nasty or threats and like adults,
Ian

Hi all,

Ian has beat me to replying to this thread,and has said all that needs to be said now.

Thankyou to both Ian and Mike for not disclosing the numptys name on the forum as it would cause ME, a world of crap and we dont want to go the same way as other places.

So for now im clossing this topic to replys etc to prevent anyone slipping up and getting into trouble.

Ian, Mike best of luck with your troubles, if theres anything i can do please feel free to ask.

Thankyou all.
Paul

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2