www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota - could it be a 'K4' ?

3 posters

Go down

Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota  - could it be a 'K4' ? Empty Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota - could it be a 'K4' ?

Post by siatontola Thu May 31 2012, 21:41

Whist trying to sort out the vintage car/Watermota photo files on my Mac, I came across this interesting beast - I don't even remember where it come from... It would appear to be a four-cylinder version of a Watermota K2, but I can find no reference to such an engine anywhere, does anyone have any info/opinion on this?

We do know that Watermotas were built under licence in UK prior to WW1 based upon (almost an exact copy in truth) of the American Waterman. I think they were originally commissioned by the War Department for military/naval use, and after the war, were registered as a UK design, no doubt after some form of payment/fee was paid.

So perhaps it is possible that this is an American engine, which never made it over here. I would love to know where this picture was taken, and what happened to the engine itself.

Sorry folks, once again embarrassed to say that my 'file type is not allowed' - whatever that means , so can't load photo, despite following the fairly simple procedure outlined. Any ideas, and by the way, I am not very computer literate!?!

Last edited by siatontola on Thu May 31 2012, 22:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't upload photo...)
siatontola
siatontola
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota  - could it be a 'K4' ? Empty Re: Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota - could it be a 'K4' ?

Post by DanBoy Fri Jun 01 2012, 09:36

PM sent

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota  - could it be a 'K4' ? Empty Re: Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota - could it be a 'K4' ?

Post by DanBoy Fri Jun 01 2012, 11:54

Hopefully the picture should be here.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by DanBoy on Fri Jun 01 2012, 11:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture wouldn't load)

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02 2012, 11:44

Thanks for the help Dan.

It sure looks to be a 4 cylinder but there not very common and I don't think any forum member has one. So it looks as if you could be our expert on these engines.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Is this a hitherto unknown model of a Watermota  - could it be a 'K4' ? Empty WATERMOTA K2 USER MANUAL.

Post by pegasus*1760 Tue Jun 12 2012, 15:32

Hello Robert , i was the lucky person who secured the watermota k2-2329 on ebay last week, i understand from the vendor (jim) that you would be willing to provide a copy of the user manual for the winning bidder, well as i am he would it be possible for you to forward a copy to me as i am keen as mustard to restore the engine. many thanks in advance , steve

pegasus*1760

http://OME.COM  ,  stinfo exchange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13 2012, 11:01

Well done on the purchase Steve and good luck with it's restoration, keeps us informed of how your getting on with it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down