Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter Dating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petter Dating

Post by RAB on Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:35

Hi All,

The best way to get Petter Dating (engines by the way ) is to drop a snail mail to the guy below, Send as much detail as possable with a couple of pics and he can date it and also let you know who it was first supplied to.

Keith Ott
80 Hobb Lane
Hedge End
SO30 4GP

If you like drop me a line after you have details of your engine i will add it to my list and we can try and get a list going here, I tried on another site but got very little response. if i get a decent response i would publish it on here.

If anyone wishes to be include there engine in the list please feel free to pm me your engine details. At the moment i only want to concentrate on Petter A , and Petter A1, I would probably try and include other Petter engines as time goes on.

Below is what i would like to include;

Seriel No .......
Type ............
Known history .....
Date of birth if known .......
Owner name .........

Back to top Go down

Re: Petter Dating

Post by blackvanman on Mon Jul 02 2012, 15:19

I have just found out that Keith Ott no longer has the records for Petter.
These records for dating are now held by:
Jim Perkins of:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

although talking to him today all info on later engines is on micro film which is currently being transfered to a digital database by the museum of internal fire in wales and it will be several months before this info becomes available.

Any requests sent to Keith are being forwarded to Jim at the moment, Jim is also dating over the phone if records are available for your engine, he seems a very nice and helpfull bloke Smile

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top