www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Whats happening here?????????????????

5 posters

Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty Whats happening here?????????????????

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24 2009, 12:42

i seen this video of another duetz, but what is the bloke sticking into the head, i have that unscrewy thing aswell, but havent used it yet, should i be

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty Re: Whats happening here?????????????????

Post by Avandriver Thu Sep 24 2009, 16:41

That is a cold starting aid

I cant remember the proper name for them ,
Effectively what happens is they are put in the inlet manifold or like on that engine inside the top of the cylinder and they ignite like a match under the compression of the engine .

This helps the engine to start under very cold conditions

Steve
Avandriver
Avandriver
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty what is it exactly

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24 2009, 19:08

Avandriver wrote:That is a cold starting aid

I cant remember the proper name for them ,
Effectively what happens is they are put in the inlet manifold or like on that engine inside the top of the cylinder and they ignite like a match under the compression of the engine .

This helps the engine to start under very cold conditions

Steve

is it like a piece of paper dipped in diesel and dryed out or summit, like i said, i have got that thingy that screws in and out, but do i need to use it, it starts well most of the time, if someone knows exactly what they are i may try it, see if it makes a difference cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty Re: Whats happening here?????????????????

Post by Avandriver Thu Sep 24 2009, 19:48

If you look at the comments posted on the youtube page there is a explanation of what it is there .

If your engine is an easy starter then you dont need to use them

Steve
Avandriver
Avandriver
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lister John Thu Sep 24 2009, 22:06

It works like a glow plug, the field marshalls have them, its just a cigeratte paper really!

cheers
Lister John
Lister John
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by iansw Thu Sep 24 2009, 23:35

Its a reefer it is what make a diesel smoke :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

If your, sorry Laurens engine starts easely without it then don't bother and never use EASY START if it gets harder to start, you would be better off useing a blow tourch down the intake :smokin: :smokin:

:cheers2:
iansw
iansw
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Sep 25 2009, 01:36

you dont want to go down the easy start road
once an engine gets a sniff of that stuff
it wont start without it
i used to have an old London taxi years ago that loved the stuff
sold it to a breakers yard in the end
was costing me a small fortune to start the thing
glad to see the back of it

mike d
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07 2009, 14:14

Lister John wrote:It works like a glow plug, the field marshalls have them, its just a cigeratte paper really!

cheers

yeah johns on the right lines

it will be one of to things

Touch paper, which you light then place into the cold start holder,

or A starting Cartridge, which is granules of Carbon, and explosive material to detonate in the engine.

Paul

Back to top Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty yeasterday i

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22 2009, 04:55

could not get the duetz to start, so i rolled up a rizala and dipped it in diesel, popped that in that screwy thing, 1 crank she went off like a rocket, so this screy thing must be quite important, good news shes still holding compression cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22 2009, 11:46

I first came across them years ago to start a Hatz engines, they looked like a small tampon with a pink/red tip. I don't know what it was coated with but it worked every time. I had a tin of them but threw them out a few years back. Whats happening here????????????????? Icon_rolleyes If I'd only known they might be of use to someone one day as they were still dry and perfect with being kept in the time.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Whats happening here????????????????? Empty thats correct stu

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22 2009, 14:49

spoke to guy today who use to own the duetz, he doesnt know what exactly they are either, but he use to do same as me with the fag paper cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down