www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

+13
Smitty
Abes
A Lister
blackvanman
ells engines
steve w
billypurves
nutgone
Ianhw77k
JONESEY
ian webb
DanBoy
matt86
17 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:33

the axles are now almost finished just need to cut and drill the fixing plates and holes to suit were there being fixed to.
well this was the trolley yesterday and as can be see the wheels are over the top of engine base rails
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1602110

well ive know modified to trolley and lifted the frame from the axles cross members so all should be well now affraid affraid
heres where its at now
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1702110
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:35; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by steve w Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:35

looking smart Kev, isnt todays weather just perfect.
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:37

steve w wrote:looking smart Kev, isnt todays weather just perfect.
steve
i know mate there a un-usual ball of yellowish colour in the sky , not been seen around here for ages
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 17 2013, 21:07

well heres the trolley ready to roll
and next is to get that old girl on its back
to make the toolbox and cut the front end down to length Very Happy Very Happy
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1702111kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 17 2013, 21:18

Great job mate looking good what sort of wood did you use

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 17 2013, 23:54

Abes wrote:Great job mate looking good what sort of wood did you use

i used hard wood " american ash " abes mate
its dear on the wallet but its a lovly colour and grain to it
but for hard wood its not that dear to be honest
as you all know im a recycled wood and pellets man usually Smile
so anything over £0.00 pounds for wood is dear to me Embarassed
trolley wood and screws varnish ect about £100
axles and wheels not included in this price though
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 12:51

kevjhnsn wrote:
stationary stu wrote:I'm here watching and saying nothing. Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

oh dear stu donna got your tonque again mate lol! lol! lol!
come on stuey i know you want to say somthing mate
kev

Okay all I'm going to say is where's the video of it running Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation lol! lol! lol!

Sleep Stu. Sleep

PS the trolleys look great, worth every penny.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Feb 18 2013, 17:46

stationary stu wrote:
kevjhnsn wrote:
stationary stu wrote:I'm here watching and saying nothing. Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

oh dear stu donna got your tonque again mate lol! lol! lol!
come on stuey i know you want to say somthing mate
kev

Okay all I'm going to say is where's the video of it running Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation lol! lol! lol!

Sleep Stu. Sleep

PS the trolleys look great, worth every penny.

cheers stu mate
the engine will be going on trolley as soon as i can arrange all the musculs for a safe easy lift onto trolley
if i spent this money to put one of my jap,villiers, aircooleds on then money would of been well waisted
as would have to put at least 3-4 engines on it to balance the load to trolley costs Smile Smile
next trolley will be for the frank pearn pump , so working out a skid trolley system , rear axle of the floor when the front axle is pulled out from under swing pivot some how scratch scratch scratch
but for now its get the engine on trolley wire up make a toolbox for electric system and mount tank
then hoping to make me and you both happy with a video of a restored running amanco affraid
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:12

Your right what you saying Kev it would be a waste of good wood but I have seen some well turned out small engines and if the owner wanted to use a good wood then I wouldn't stop them (each to there own babies so to speak). You can't beat an engine sitting on a nice bit of wood, I've an Oak frame that a Lister D would fit on but I'll need to do a first class resto before I'd have anything good enough to use it with Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kev wish I was closer and I'd give you a lift as they say.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:46

stu
the engine is now bolted to the trolley ,remember the man i got the amanco going for early last year ,
he poped around to say hi ,and looking at me in the back of his pickup a """ fold down engine craine""""" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ,
so with in 5 mins it was back on the van and engine sitting pritty on the trolley
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
but then i had to get more space cleared in a shed for the old girl to fit into 1.30am this morning she was tuked up in her new bed
so still no pics yet but will try and do a few before its dark Smile Smile
so the tank stand tool box is the next opstical to do
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Feb 19 2013, 20:27

heres the pics
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1902110
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1902111
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 7 P1902112
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Tue Feb 19 2013, 21:00

Kev,

She's a beauty, and the trolly is equally very nice, good job! Very Happy

Regards, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Feb 19 2013, 22:32

Smitty wrote:Kev,

She's a beauty, and the trolly is equally very nice, good job! Very Happy

Regards, John.

thanks john
just out side making the ignition box for under the fuel tank for the trolley
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Wed Feb 20 2013, 09:13

now thats looking smart kev Smile
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Wed Feb 20 2013, 11:04

What a good job you have done there on engine+trolly. I assume she's not going to driving anything because you have painted the flywheel rim's but still i wish that was mine Smile Smile Smile
Andew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Wed Feb 20 2013, 21:35

That's looking really good Kev, best of luck finishing it off and getting it running. Give me a shout when it's ready for inspection and I'll get that beer ready! Smile

A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 20 2013, 21:36

thanks lads
well i do like to do the best i can for the preservation of our history ,
with what i can and £££$$$$£££ depending also as like all of us stationary nuts on here Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 20 2013, 21:44

A Lister wrote:That's looking really good Kev, best of luck finishing it off and getting it running. Give me a shout when it's ready for inspection and I'll get that beer ready! Smile

jules
your on the fueling comitty for the fire up if your interested mate
your welcome around any time you like to be honest mate not just for this
and just hope she does that john cash song thing with the fuel "burn burn burn" otherwise my hallow ring will be on fire scratch study scratch Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Wed Feb 20 2013, 21:52

Hey, don't go giving me anything technical to do Kev... I'm only trained to start Listers and drink beer! lol! Keep me posted... and wait till the weather gets a bit warmer too... it's freezing out there at the moment! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 20 2013, 22:03

well just before the amanco was bought i sold my lister A to go to funding for this project, to go in the trailer
at 1000 rally i arrived with lister A and villiers wx11 ect when my old bubby reg came over as always to help unload and load my shed Very Happy Very Happy
and said you still wanting a cheap opencrank kev, what about an amanco then , so we wheeled the lister to the pen and next morning she was gone and just had couple hundred more to raise for the amanco sold a car load of un wanted engine parts,flat belts ect ect and then sunday the engine was coming home with me
i used to start my lister by the flywheels like amanco also ,theres not alot of difference to be honest in starting primming fuel oiling greasing and then swinging over jules
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:02

It runs very quiet. Very Happy

All looking good Kev, even tho it's took you what seems like years to get this far Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:07

stationary stu wrote:It runs very quiet. Very Happy

All looking good Kev, even tho it's took you what seems like years to get this far Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu. Wink

well been busy today freezing my bits off ,the battery lt coil ect box and tank stand is 90% cut and drilled into place
also the casting from bill arrived today ,and fitted it as it is for now , done the ignitor trip timing and exhurst valve opening timing, but earlyer discovered that the throttle linkage has all got to come off again as flywheel end fork is looking to be the wrong way around , well it looks worse out of center than when i first noticed it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
now just having a warm up then
do a bit more at the battery box and then tuck her up in bed again till tomorrow
will try take a few pics before her bed time Smile
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:11

I AM SO GUTTED AS THIS TIME "WAITING FOR DAYLIGHT TOMORROW FOR THE FULL DAMAGE INSPECTION
as tonight i asked a neighbour " thought to be a mate" when i saw him getin the shooping out of car if he used 1/4" 8 mm copper pipe and olives he asked what lengh
and what olives , i said i would let him get sorted out and would intercom him later when i got the lenght of pipe and type of olives i was after, he came back after ten mins asked what i was after again and i said ive dug out a old bit of pipe with olive and a fitting nut incase you found bevelled olives for me ,just droping the tank on and then i can give you the lengh mate went to get the tape measure and then , he picked up some of the drill bits and screws ect i was using and put on stool outside and threw them at me and all over the amanco they landed ,before i realliesed what was going on , he was half way in shouting that i was a waiste of #### oxygen i shall not swear waiste of his #### time and his tea was going cold , my wife was stood behind him with a cuppa for me , and she filled me in on what happened and she was as stunned as me "seeing as last week he brought his wife over just to see what a great job i was doing and a lovly paint job his words not mine , now i just hope there enough good paint left over for me to touch in all the chips and chunks knocked off the engine tank ect most have gone all the way back to the steel, so the paint has hardened well now lol "not really funny as ive put so much into this ,and now just feel sick when i look at her .
thats what i can see in the almost dark yard lighting
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 11:28

I don't know what to say to you mate, what a to55er he was. Fingers crossed that the damage is not to bad in the day light.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Fri Feb 22 2013, 12:43

Wonder what he would say if you did that to his car. Bill him for a new paint job see what he say's
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next