www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

*Hexham N/land auction. Sept 8th 2012*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Hexham N/land auction. Sept 8th 2012*

Post by stationary stu on Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:38

I know this is a bit short notice but there's an aution on at Hexham mart on Sept 8th 2012 with a few engines and parts included in the sale.
Due to having to attend my grandson's birthday I'll not be there Crying or Very sad

http://www.hexhammart.co.uk/Site/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Moore-Vintage-Catalogue.pdf

Catalogue

http://www.hexhammart.co.uk/Site/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Moore-Vintage-Catalogue.pdf

Stu.

Last edited by RAB on Mon Nov 12 2012, 11:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added to calander)

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: *Hexham N/land auction. Sept 8th 2012*

Post by geordie on Sat Sep 08 2012, 19:56

stationary stu wrote:I know this is a bit short notice but there's an aution on at Hexham mart on Sept 8th 2012 with a few engines and parts included in the sale.
Due to having to attend my grandson's birthday I'll not be there Crying or Very sad

Catalogue

Stu.
I had a look through the catalogue for the sale, thaks for posting the link, I just wish I was rich, had lots of space and was a bit nearer,
The 3 wheeler Reliants caught my attention, the ones advertised were ice-cream vams bit I remember Ringtons tea using them when I was a kid in Blaydon, they have girder forks for front suspension.
I suggested to Mrs Geordie that we should get up early and go have a look but the look she gave me suggested that it was not a good idea.
We would have to leave home at 6am to get there for 8am and the sales were going on at the same time so it would have been a rush.
Never mind, I can dream, we went to York car boot at the race course and I bought a folding work bench (the type that holds radial saws etc and has extending arms ) cant think what they are called but it m ade the trip worth while
Thanks again for the link, one of these days I will get lucky
Best Regards, George

geordie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:41

George the last time I went to an auction at Hexham that was just for tractors and S.E. was a few years ago and there was thousands there I couldn't believe it, the previous year I went it was still busy and engines were sell for BIG money, there weree even bidders from Ireland that bought most of the engines, I think it was well we've paid a lot to get here were not leaving with nothing. The thing is the last few auctions at Hexham have been in December and wow was it cold, maybe that's why the date has been changed as the tractor auction was held outside.
George only thing is get to Knayton, Northallerton on sunday Sept 16th it should be a good day and not as far for you to travel. Weather permiting I'll be there so we could maybe say hello. If you want to take an engine you have to be there by 10am and take your engine insurance document with you.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geordie on Sun Sep 09 2012, 17:38

stationary stu wrote:George the last time I went to an auction at Hexham that was just for tractors and S.E. was a few years ago and there was thousands there I couldn't believe it, the previous year I went it was still busy and engines were sell for BIG money, there weree even bidders from Ireland that bought most of the engines, I think it was well we've paid a lot to get here were not leaving with nothing. The thing is the last few auctions at Hexham have been in December and wow was it cold, maybe that's why the date has been changed as the tractor auction was held outside.
George only thing is get to Knayton, Northallerton on sunday Sept 16th it should be a good day and not as far for you to travel. Weather permiting I'll be there so we could maybe say hello. If you want to take an engine you have to be there by 10am and take your engine insurance document with you.

Stu.
Hi Stu, I agree how cold it can be at Hexham and further on, I worked on the Kielder Pipe Line for a few months in winter and my only transport was a 1959 Lambretta, the Irish lads I worked with had to lift me off the scooter and stand me near the Brazier that they were cooking breakfast on.
Can you tell me more about the North Allerton fixture? or better still give me a link? also I dont have any insurance as I was not aware that it was needed, reflecting on that I should have realised that it would be needed, If I can get there I will not be taking an engine but just going for a looksee,
I got my medic report last Monday, I am going to need Surgery but it could be a fairley long waiting list according to my doc, until I get over that I am still not supposed to lift anything so would be unable to take an engine,
Thanks for letting me know about Knayton. I will try checking the mighty web but I am not so good with a pooter.
Are you going there by any chance?
Best Regards, George

geordie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Sep 10 2012, 09:53

George I don't think there's anything on the internet about the rally, I've looked but can't find any links etc. The reason I know about it I bought an engine of one of the rally organisers last year. the rallies been going a few years but has moved sites a few times, all I know it's a Knayton, Northallerton, it's just off the A19. Due to having back problems I'll only be attending if the weather is dry as I'm unable to sit about all day in the rain.
As for insurance all rallies require public liability insurance normally for £2million my insurance covers me for £5million and it costs me £15 per year (family membership) mine is taken out through the club I'm a member of and includes my wife and her engine. I think there is some links on the forum for insurance from companies like NFU.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Sep 15 2012, 10:23

I have been talking to someone that managed to attend the sale and as usual you couldn't get moved, he couldn't remember what prices were like but if previous years are anything to go by they wouldn't be many bargins there. Although this guy did buy a Lister D which was a runner and he was just about to do a full restore on it.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:52

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top