www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

*Consett Co. Durham. Sept. 15th 2012.*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Consett Co. Durham. Sept. 15th 2012.*

Post by stationary stu on Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:48

This is mainly a tractor action but there is a few engines included in the sale but from what I can see there all diesels. I might have a look up at the viewing on the Friday to see if it's worth going to the saturday auction.
It's the Richard Lawson and TA & N White Collections. As a note I've known Tony White for about 30-35 years he deals in commercial vehicles in the Consett area, as wasn't the cheapest dealer to deal with but a sound bloke. Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm not 100% sure but I think the Richard Lawson is the haulage contactor from Cumbria.

http://www.cheffins.co.uk/vintage/catalogues.asp

Catalogue.

http://www.cheffins.co.uk/catalogue/vintage/the-richard-lawson-and-ta-and-n-white-collections-258-0

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: *Consett Co. Durham. Sept. 15th 2012.*

Post by stationary stu on Sat Sep 15 2012, 10:20

I called in yesterday just to see if there was anything interesting there but there was only one that appealed to me which was an Armstrong Whitworth, built in Newcastle. It has a new plug in it so somebody must have been trying to get it running i did take a pic on my phone and if I can download it I'll post it. The rest of the engines were mainly diesel with a couple of gennys and the only runner was a Lister D. There was a good collection of tractors and I could have been tempted if I had any money Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top