www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Broadwall water pump

+2
Admin
ian webb
6 posters

Go down

Broadwall water pump Empty Broadwall water pump

Post by ian webb Tue Sep 29 2009, 00:53

Can anyone find or tell me anything about broadwall pumps i have done loads of searches and cant find a thing, i have a broadwall pump which now needs a crank ????????????? would like any help or advice
:cheers2: ian
ian webb
ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Broadwall water pump Empty its a shame

Post by Admin Tue Sep 29 2009, 04:06

marcus has just sold what some people thought was a broadwell pump, i just tried googling it, could not find much, some one maybe able to help, where were they made ??????

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Broadwall water pump Empty Re: Broadwall water pump

Post by ian webb Tue Sep 29 2009, 15:26

Hi ryan, havent got a clue where its made or anything, i got it off mike d with the engine but unfortunately we siezed it up at our last rally, so now need a crankshaft and con rod,
ian
ian webb
ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Oct 16 2009, 20:39

still no joy with info IAN?????????

will speak to ERIC tomorrow to see if he can help

hes a hive of info

regards........mike d
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milliejasper1111 Sun Apr 04 2010, 22:12

Hi there, I have a very large Broadwall water pump!
I done some reserch in to these a few years ago, they were supplied by Godwin pumps to Broadwall co, here is the letter they sent me.

From Godwin pumps,

We can confirm that many years ago we did supply the Broadwall engineering company of Beckenham with our piston pumps,and the bore size of 2.1/2" does match up with
an 0H3-250 feet head series.

Unfortunately we had a bad fire here in 1980 which destroyed all our records and therefore we are unable to tell you the definite age of your pump, but number 21878A was probably early 1950s

We have not manufactured piston pumps since the late 70s and the fire put paid to any spares we had.

They did enclose an old OH leaflet which covers all the pumps if you send me your details i can copy them and send them to you if you like?

Regards Ian

milliejasper1111
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by milliejasper1111 Mon Apr 05 2010, 01:24

Broadwall water pump 00210iew.php?i=u=15067602][img]https://i.servimg.com/uBroadwall water pump 00310[[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/33]Broadwall water pump 00410[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/34]Broadwall water pump 00111[/[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/35]Broadwall water pump 00610[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/36]Broadwall water pump 00710[[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/37][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/76/02/00810.jpg[/img[url=https://servimg.com/view/15067602/38]Broadwall water pump 01010Broadwall water pump 00510][/url]/url]]url]]/url]/f66/15/06/76/02/00110.jpg[/img][/url]

Hope this helps! sorry for rubbish photos, digital cameras were not around at the time, so had to take photos of photos!!!!
this is an OH3 - 250FT MODEL, found where i worked at the time(1998) sat in its little shed very rusty, and coupled to an old JAP engine.
Brass plate says BROADWALL, DEEP WELL PUMP 1-1.4 HP PETTER, But as i said they were made by Godwin for Broadwall, Godwin cast part nos on their parts, but didnt if they were sold to other companies,
Got it all unseized over a 6 month period, total strip down and rebuild, and now works a treat, It used to pump water from the man made pond 1-4 of a mile across the estate and in to a very very large brick tank dug in the ground (about 16ftx10ft and 7ft tall) From there the water was fed to the kitchen garden and greenhouses, and stable blocks. Before this one was installed, there was a self acting ram pump( which is still in the ground but impossible to move) which was installed in 1907 as we found the paper work
Its one powerfull pump! bit to big and heavy to drag around the shows though.
If you need anymore info shout!

Ian Wink

milliejasper1111
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Apr 05 2010, 15:00

I'm still looking for a con rod for a Broadwall pump, a bit like trying to find the Holy Grail!!

Pete

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milliejasper1111 Mon Apr 05 2010, 17:37

Yes, and you will probably never find one! What model is yours? is it a twin piston?
If so i would cast a copy from the other one, Parts for these are obsolete now, i needed a few bits for mine and spent well over a year following leads on the mentioned pump, and drew a huge blank! Mad

I was lucky enough to work in a school with a good D.T department, so i cast a new crank case cover (which was missing)

Like Godwin said to me, all the spares they had were in the fire they had in 1980.

If you need any more info on yours though i will try and help out!

Regards

Ian

milliejasper1111
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Apr 05 2010, 19:27

Mine's similar to a Lister Domestic, it has a Bronze con rod which has shattered into around a dozen pieces! I may try and make one out of "something" one day, been looking for 14 years now so a few more won't make much difference. Thank's for the offer anyway.

Pete

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Tue Apr 27 2010, 22:58

Hi all, im still after a crank and conrod mines like a lister domestic as well, have only ever seen one the same before at Dorset last year but he didnt have his pump running as it needed parts,
ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 24 2010, 19:30

HI IAN...

there is a fella over your way called professor Potts.....

contact him and he can make you one...LOL....

mind you the last thing he made was a bit of a mystery....he didn't know what it was.....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24 2010, 19:53

Hope its not me being dum, but its prof potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang???

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Mon May 24 2010, 20:17

We will see how mad Mad Smile Smile i am mr D when i make something else for you i wont be so mad if that tool works on your pump will i Question now, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 24 2010, 22:49

i will bring it over and we will see how it gets on....

if it works i will be sharing in the royalties.....

as it my idea and your workshop....ah ah ah ah

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 24 2010, 22:52

Skankin_giant wrote:Hope its not me being dumb, but its prof Potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang???

Cheers Steve

steve you have it all wrong....... lol! lol! lol! lol!

its professor Potts from Christchurch in dorset.......

you must visit his workshop....it amazing what he has invented.....

i may even charge an entry fee....... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Tue May 25 2010, 21:42

You mean to say he can get in the door now with all the engines stacket up Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jonesey Smile
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum