www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My Petter AV1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Petter AV1

Post by Biggusdannus on Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:43

Hi all, as some of you already know I picked a petter up at morval rally (aug bank hol). From the information I have gleaned from the net this is a series 1 engine built between 46-51. The head was redesigned after this to improve cold starting.
The engine was down on compression and was a right pain to start, but after I got the 'feel' for starting it she starts quite readily and the compression has returned.
Heres a video of it running shortly after I got it

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: My Petter AV1

Post by Biggusdannus on Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:49

So as you can see above the Petter wasn't running that well and was over fuelling. I remedied this by changing the spring on the pump to a lighter one. The second video I took was with the tank connected up. She had settled down to 8-850rpm with alot less smoke! I have since decided that an 8 gallon water tank is abit on the large side and opted for a 5 gal one instead.

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus on Fri Oct 19 2012, 12:03

I decided to fit the petter to my workshop trolley (temporarily) and plumb the 5 gal tank up and put together a makeshift stand. This is so I can take accurate measurements for the stand on the new trolley. Any way I put it all together and thought i'd add the pump to give the petter something to do, the pump puts a nice load on the petter due to having 2 impellors.

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus on Fri Oct 19 2012, 12:06

I decided to add my little generator to the trolley yesterday and do a night time video of it running. My garage is on the road and after I'd finished filming I turned around and a crowd of onlookers had gathered behind me!

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Fri Oct 19 2012, 13:27

well done there mate
looking good indead there, i like it very much
isnt it a great feeling when the plan starts to come together
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Oct 20 2012, 09:21

Well done you've done a great job at sorting your engine out. Once sorted it does run nice a steady and works well under load, you must be pleased with yourself getting your engine running so good.
I was wondering how many engines you fit in your Porsche when going to a rally Laughing Laughing Laughing nice car Very Happy

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus on Sat Oct 20 2012, 10:49

Thanks, I am very pleased with the Petter considering it was running rough as rats when I got it. The boxster only has room for it's own engine and maybe a brigs and stratton (if you're lucky) lol Dan

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top