www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

a new addition.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a new addition.

Post by earlsinclare on Sat Oct 27 2012, 17:55

here is my latest addition to my shearing display.

here are some of the others

richard.

earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: a new addition.

Post by Abes on Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:21

Very nice mate and not seen on the ralley field very often in this format so a big intrest well done

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by earlsinclare on Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:29

i took them to ripley show in august, the travelling dancing sheep show was their so i got a lot of interest from the public after they had watched the show.
http://www.thesheepshow.co.uk/the_sheep_show.html
richard.

earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:36

Dancing Sheep lol you been on the ale again

earlsinclare wrote:i took them to ripley show in august, the travelling dancing sheep show was their so i got a lot of interest from the public after they had watched the show.
http://www.thesheepshow.co.uk/the_sheep_show.html
richard.

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

dancing sheep

Post by earlsinclare on Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:41

they bring the show to the masham sheep fair in north yorkshire. its a must see. no beer needed.
richard.

earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:08

LOL had a look at the link did not see any dancing sheep though some of them are right lookers lol

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

try this one

Post by earlsinclare on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocStlR-BSjs
richard.

earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:43

ive seen these at Dorset in the past before .... tell you what i found funny was runner ducks herding up sheep ! Laughing Laughing

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:47

Richard really nice collection, nice to see bygones with engines then people relate to what stuff was used for.
Keep the good work up
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:10

I intend to sort out a shearing set up 'sometime' to make a change from dragging dairy stuff around Britain as some shows aren't too keen on it now. Got a few hand pieces and some vacuum clippers, plus an old hand powered Cooper-Stewart machine so one day I will be looking for an engine powered set up to go with one of my Lister D types that is redundant at present. One of the Lister Midhill outfits would be nice as well. Wink

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hob on Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:24

i went to masham sheep fair once and a trip round the 2 brewery's nice place ........... Cool

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15

hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:34

Foden wrote:I intend to sort out a shearing set up 'sometime' to make a change from dragging dairy stuff around Britain as some shows aren't too keen on it now. Got a few hand pieces and some vacuum clippers, plus an old hand powered Cooper-Stewart machine so one day I will be looking for an engine powered set up to go with one of my Lister D types that is redundant at present. One of the Lister Midhill outfits would be nice as well. Wink

Pete.

Pete i know 2 people who have a cooper sheering engines . I believe they originally from Australia or New Zealand . There a nice small compact and unusual engine . A vertical open crank hit and miss engine .... well doesnt look open crank . The crank is exposed if you turn the engine upside down for a look ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

never the less nice engines .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:38

That's a cracking display Richard and the cases set them of well, you just need a few sheep to demonstrate on now Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Sun Oct 28 2012, 17:41

matt86 wrote:

Pete i know 2 people who have a cooper sheering engines . I believe they originally from Australia or New Zealand . There a nice small compact and unusual engine . A vertical open crank hit and miss engine .... well doesnt look open crank . The crank is exposed if you turn the engine upside down for a look ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

never the less nice engines .

matt

They must be Australian then if they work upside down Matt................ Smile I have heard of them but I think that I will stick with a Lister D type, I like my engines nice and straightforward! Wink

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sat Nov 03 2012, 09:44

stationary stu wrote:That's a cracking display Richard and the cases set them of well, you just need a few sheep to demonstrate on now Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

MMhh, sounds a tad sheepish to me, you could get the wool pulled over yer eye's, or even baaaa'd. ha. lol! lol! lol! David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Nov 03 2012, 11:14

Your back then David as soon as sheep are mentioned, now what can we work out from that lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:40

stationary stu wrote:Your back then David as soon as sheep are mentioned, now what can we work out from that lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

yeh, well what can i say to that when i be surrounded in the ruddy wooly jumpers. bounce bounce affraid lol! lol! been off air for a while as i been a tad busy, so thought i would see what i could comment on, seems i got noticed, haha lol! lol! David

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:47

Nothing gets past me David, Laughing Laughing Laughing how you getting on with that big Ruston? you need to sort out a new thread for it so we can follow you and not take over other threads, (sorry Richard) :offtopic[1]:

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:06

stationary stu wrote:Nothing gets past me David, Laughing Laughing Laughing how you getting on with that big Ruston? you need to sort out a new thread for it so we can follow you and not take over other threads, (sorry Richard) :offtopic[1]:

Stu.

Hi Stu,
To be honest, I have done now't wi'it as of yet. still under cover on me trailor. Weather has not been favourable, to say the least, but i'm hoping to find a building to put it, and the other trailor i am still building, as unable to work on it outside, besides, I have been a tad busy with radiator work, and I am still doing some hgv work. that is the reason for me not being on here much of late, but, "yes", I will set up a thread on progress, when I get things sorted, cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:49

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top