www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10

3 posters

Go down

Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10 Empty Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10

Post by bluedog Sun Nov 04 2012, 12:34

Just wondered if anyone knows if there are any other fuel cap makes which will fit a Villers cylindrical tank with the two pronged style closure. Looking for a cheap solution in the short term.
Greg

bluedog
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10 Empty Re: Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10

Post by braydh Fri Nov 09 2012, 14:58

The caps off an old tin oil can fit some villiers tanks have one on my mk10. Free temp fit just put small hole in centre so as not to create a vacuum

braydh
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10 Empty Re: Fuel cap alternative for Villiers Mk10

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Nov 09 2012, 16:00

some other caps that fit are but not every tank on there engine production runs are as follows
jap
bsa
petter a1 a11 ect
wolseley wd later than wd11 later production

thats all the ones ive had that will cross over to the villiers
there maybe more as long as the tanks are made by ADJ and are 2 prong alloy caps
hope this is of help
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sun Nov 11 2012, 11:34

Thanks for the info.

bluedog
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11 2012, 12:11

Thanks for the info Kev I need one for my Wolseley WD8 I'll check out other fuel tanks now see what they have on.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down