www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Restoration of a Mechanical Moke by Winget

Go down

Restoration of a Mechanical Moke by Winget Empty Restoration of a Mechanical Moke by Winget

Post by XSFrank Thu Jan 10 2013, 09:49

Hi all,

As I said in my new members post, here's a thread with my project in all its glory.
I know it's not just a stationary engine as most on here are, but I still hope you like it.
I can't actually post any pictures yet, so they will follow next week or whenever I can.

I bought the Moke after I saw a few nice old road working and building machines at the Goodwood Revival last year and thought they'd be fun to have. A man can never have enough toys...

My plan is to restore it and use it at Santa Pod and Avon Park Raceway as a pit truck when my mates and I take our Drag Beetles to the track. To tow the cars, haul tyres etc.

I've got a few metal repairs to do which shouldn't pose a problem at all and then the frame and most loose parts will go to be shot blasted and powder coated.
I will do it in Heritage/Leaf Green (RAL6002) which seems a close colour to the original.
The pick up bed will be new stained timber boards.

The engine is going to need the most attention I think and that's where your help will be appriciated.
It's a JAP 4/3 stationary engine.
So far I'm mising the correct tank, the valve cover and most importantly the magneto Crying or Very sad
If anybody has any parts or knows a good source, maybe even another engine for sale, please let me know.

I've not yet checked compression or the general state, as I need to carry on with stripping it down a bit more.
Update are to follow.

Cheers Frank

XSFrank

Back to top Go down

Restoration of a Mechanical Moke by Winget Empty Re: Restoration of a Mechanical Moke by Winget

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10 2013, 11:28

Interesting project Frank. The only place you'll get the spares you need is ebay or if there's any engine rallies on they normally have a few stalls selling spares but not many rallies on this time of year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Stationary-Engines-/58177/i.html

Stu.

Back to top Go down