www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Ricardo head broken stud repair/removal.

+3
Biggusdannus
matt86
Smitty
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ricardo head broken stud repair/removal. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricardo head broken stud repair/removal.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:52

Here's a handy chart to help sort out threads and conversions.

http://www.baconsdozen.co.uk/tools/conversion%20charts.htm

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Ricardo head broken stud repair/removal. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricardo head broken stud repair/removal.

Post by Smitty Sat Feb 02 2013, 20:16

stationary stu wrote:See John all this info you would have missed if you'd put this post the bed. And all the headaches it's given people thinking about threads lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Indeed Stu,

Learning? yes I will leave this thread intact lol, I need all the help I can.
I will have a look at the link you gave in the next post,
Thanks, John.
Smitty
Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Sat Feb 02 2013, 21:24

stationary stu wrote:Here's a handy chart to help sort out threads and conversions.

http://www.baconsdozen.co.uk/tools/conversion%20charts.htm

Stu.

Stu,

This is a good link for me, thank you.

I have worked with most of it during my teenage years, but never understood it much and always had to grab odd tools that would fit and work, although most of them would have been either Metric, Ww or oddball.
This will also give me a chance to study the differences and comparable cross-fits with what we have over here.

For now my main object is to use parts and hardware which will not damage the original threads that were used if I can help it and if it really is nessessary.
I am probably going to order a set of each in taps, dies and spanners, so I can at least have the tools that were made for these, including the pipe dies and taps, as I will definitely get to use them fabricating exhaust piping.

I may have a shot at two Listers (or so the man believes they are) one being an "old old" twin wheel (maybe a diesel?) and the other "well..single, black and round" (Junior comes to mind, lol) I wish!

He believes they have been in the family since Moby Dick was a Minnow but he doesn't know anything about them as Dad died a long time before he ever got to see them.
He hopes to find someone that will look after them (well...blow me down and pick me up...I'm your man!)
They're in a barn, and apparently not stuck and well protected, and both were running a million years ago Shocked . (Of course! when they were new!)

I hope I'll get my chance to see them when I get home from this trip, they're not going anywhere he said, so I'm safe that way.
Maybe I will get lucky and have some more old stuff to cherish.
In any case I will need the tools if I am going to get stuck on Listers.

Sofar I am having a good time conversing and learning about them and hunting up old engines, although having not really had enough time to work on the one I have, but that should make it cheaper over time Rolling Eyes .

Having a few of them handy to start on will save buying them when I retire lol.
I will most likely be ankle deep in Listers (or old oil engines) by this time next year Wink.

Regards, John.
Smitty
Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sat Feb 02 2013, 23:26

Oh yes, you've got the bug alright. You'll be attending "Stationary Engine Addicts Anonymous" before too long.

I was chatting on the phone the other day, to the bloke who's coming to buy my Tarpen tomorrow & was explaining how I'm not working right now due to a long term illness. He told me I've already got a bad & very long term illness, & that is collecting stationary engines! Something tells me I'd better get the kettle on when he turns up, I think we're going to be chatting for some time (he's also the membership secretary of a local club I've been meaning to join, apparently he's bringing some forms with him).

Yep, sounds like you've got all the symptoms John, but if there was any illness I had to have in this life, I would definitely choose the stationary engine collectors disease. Smile

Best of luck with those other engines. I hope they will soon become part of your collection.
I must admit though, I'm actually looking forward to the day you get one that isn't a Lister! lol!

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Sun Feb 03 2013, 01:16

nutgone wrote:Oh yes, you've got the bug alright. You'll be attending "Stationary Engine Addicts Anonymous" before too long.

I was chatting on the phone the other day, to the bloke who's coming to buy my Tarpen tomorrow & was explaining how I'm not working right now due to a long term illness. He told me I've already got a bad & very long term illness, & that is collecting stationary engines! Something tells me I'd better get the kettle on when he turns up, I think we're going to be chatting for some time (he's also the membership secretary of a local club I've been meaning to join, apparently he's bringing some forms with him).

Yep, sounds like you've got all the symptoms John, but if there was any illness I had to have in this life, I would definitely choose the stationary engine collectors disease. Smile

Best of luck with those other engines. I hope they will soon become part of your collection.
I must admit though, I'm actually looking forward to the day you get one that isn't a Lister! lol!

Hi Nut,

Any way to sign up early for the SEAA?

May as well, because this is becoming a syndrome quite the same as with the banjos, guitars, diesel trucks and other addictive stuff.
There is no doubt that I will be a fully developed SE patient in no time.

As for the hope that I may find another brand of engine, some friends have taken to be spotters for any of them at all, and report back with the odd one from time to time including a John Deere hit & miss just this week, it's how I landed the dubious honour of first runner up for the two Listers.
I had no intention to make the Lister "my" engine, but they keep showing up, and I am a hospitable man lol. Neutral

I am sort of stuck on the "L"s, but really for no reason I suppose.
I do want engines that are movable without too much fuss, as I do all my loving inside the house. I'm selling in the spring for a better situation plus a building for my habits.

I would love to own some of the larger oil service engines of which there are quite a few in Ontario and the surrounding areas, it is simply the size of them I can't have here. (but I'll figure something out lol.)
There is just nothing like a few big huff and puffs and a big black cloud, It has Life and character that you can't find in a woman lol.(heaven forbid! I'd have to become a collector of stationary women!! affraid )
One was restrictive enough! Wink

I have always loved old technology and simplicity in craftsmanship, and am finally having a start in it, yea!

Regards Nut, John.

Smitty
Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:36

Great find John, thing is the Yanks like the old Listers so if you get fed up with them you could soon move them on and get a good price for them.

Now the John Deere that's been found is of no use to you, so wrap it up and post it over to me and I'll give it a good home. If I get a JD I'd be set and not want anymore engines. Very Happy Very Happy

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Tue Feb 05 2013, 01:15

stationary stu wrote:Great find John, thing is the Yanks like the old Listers so if you get fed up with them you could soon move them on and get a good price for them.

Now the John Deere that's been found is of no use to you, so wrap it up and post it over to me and I'll give it a good home. If I get a JD I'd be set and not want anymore engines. Very Happy Very Happy

Stu.

Lol Stu,

Price? move them on? but they will be like family once I will have busted my knuckles on them!! (Whoa..., I dont mean I bust knuckles on family!! Suspect )

I haven't seen the Deer John yet, they are like 24 carat gold around here in SAD shape.
And I am not sure how many stamps it would take to post it to you, but if I tie it to enough carrier pidgeons it should make it.
Send me at least 300lbs worth of those along with yer GPS co-ordinates (modern pidgeons you know!), that should be a start Laughing (Storks are overworked nowadays! and they're union.)
Besides, I wouldn't believe for a minute that you'd quit after receiving the JD (along with 500 deathly tired pidgeons.)

Regards, John.
Smitty
Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:34

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! I was thinking more on the lines of putting it into a boat with a few dolphins tied to the front, I'm sure that would be the best way to move it. Then all you need do is tell the dolphins the zp code.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Thu Feb 07 2013, 05:30

stationary stu wrote: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! I was thinking more on the lines of putting it into a boat with a few dolphins tied to the front, I'm sure that would be the best way to move it. Then all you need do is tell the dolphins the zp code.

Stu.

See? There is always a better way to do things when you talk about it with your friends.
After the dolphins arrive you can have a fish fry for all of the members, fish soup, Dolphin dumplings and chowder and invite friends to look at your new engine.

I am looking at a rad cooled Novo upright gas engine tomorrow on my way into the customer for unloading (yes I do take advantage, but with the Boss's permission lol).
I am not sure I will like it, it is too new (probably in the '30's) and I'd rather have an upright early Novo in the teens, as they seem to turn my crank better.

Regards, John.

Smitty
Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2