www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

current header

View previous topic View next topic Go down

current header

Post by billypurves on Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:04

That is an extremely handsome shaftie. I like that.Well presented.

billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: current header

Post by Andrew1971 on Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:20

She is nice in black Smile

Andrew1971
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SussexSteamFan on Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:48

billypurves wrote:That is an extremely handsome shaftie. I like that.Well presented.

Thanks, only just baught it, unfortunately it doesn not want to run at the moment though Sad

SussexSteamFan
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves on Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:18

Stick with it ,not much to go wrong with the Ds other than the mag or plug. On all else they are very forgiving.

billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by SussexSteamFan on Tue Feb 05 2013, 17:29

billypurves wrote:Stick with it ,not much to go wrong with the Ds other than the mag or plug. On all else they are very forgiving.

I have checked all the simple things with the help of Abes on the phone but it still wont run, must be something that I am not doing so I will have to get someone more experienced to have a look at it!

SussexSteamFan
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w on Tue Feb 05 2013, 17:45

it is a very good pic, sounds like a fuel / mix issue, have you got fuel at the plug?

steve w
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k on Tue Feb 05 2013, 19:56

I've seen a Lister D fail at a rally because it got coked up due to not being run under load. I'm sure someone local(ish) will be able to come over soon and give you a hand mate Wink

Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Tue Feb 05 2013, 20:21

Wish somone would as hate seeing Toby struggling but really need hands on help, as said cant be much wrong as had it running couple of days before he picked it up then he had it running at home though he did run it till tank was dry and that by all accounts was when he started getting the problem have talked him through all the obvious things i could think of but iam more of a hands on than a teacher as explaining things is not one of my plus points lol

Ianhw77k wrote:I've seen a Lister D fail at a rally because it got coked up due to not being run under load. I'm sure someone local(ish) will be able to come over soon and give you a hand mate Wink

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k on Tue Feb 05 2013, 21:49

Abes wrote:Wish somone would as hate seeing Toby struggling but really need hands on help, as said cant be much wrong as had it running couple of days before he picked it up then he had it running at home though he did run it till tank was dry and that by all accounts was when he started getting the problem have talked him through all the obvious things i could think of but iam more of a hands on than a teacher as explaining things is not one of my plus points lol

Ianhw77k wrote:I've seen a Lister D fail at a rally because it got coked up due to not being run under load. I'm sure someone local(ish) will be able to come over soon and give you a hand mate Wink
I'm sure Nutgone and I could head over there at some point in the not too distant future. We can all stand there and scratch our heads together Laughing
I'm busy for the next couple of weekends but I don't mind running Nutty down there after that as his car is off the road at the moment.

Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Feb 06 2013, 11:56

Toby try to relax, as you can see the guys will do anything they can to help you, it's the old phrase that comes along again with SE have a bit of patients.

Good luck and you'll have it running again soon.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:57

Cheers lads that would be very much appriciated owe you a beer next time on the same field, as said hate to see him struggling

Ianhw77k wrote:
Abes wrote:Wish somone would as hate seeing Toby struggling but really need hands on help, as said cant be much wrong as had it running couple of days before he picked it up then he had it running at home though he did run it till tank was dry and that by all accounts was when he started getting the problem have talked him through all the obvious things i could think of but iam more of a hands on than a teacher as explaining things is not one of my plus points lol

I'm sure Nutgone and I could head over there at some point in the not too distant future. We can all stand there and scratch our heads together Laughing
I'm busy for the next couple of weekends but I don't mind running Nutty down there after that as his car is off the road at the moment.

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves on Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:51

Airlock ? Between tank and carb.

billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 on Thu Feb 07 2013, 19:40

Check for a spark on another plug. I have a small 2 stroke geny i was getting spark's at the plug but would not go.
Put new plug in and went. Just a thought
Many Thank's
Andrew

Andrew1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top