www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Sectional leather V belts?

Go down

Sectional leather V belts? Empty Sectional leather V belts?

Post by Ianhw77k Sun Feb 10 2013, 15:05

Anybody know where I can get them from? Any links to a decent website?
Wanted for my Stuart Turner project.

Cheers in advance.
Ian
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Sectional leather V belts? Empty Re: Sectional leather V belts?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 11:18

Is it this type of thing you mean?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nut-Link-Z-Section-Link-Belting-10-11mm-Wide-T-Link-Type-Lathe-Belt-Machine-Belt-/251175596019?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item3a7b3b6ff3

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Feb 11 2013, 12:18

Yes mate, that's the ones. Turns out I was using the wrong search words. I didn't know they were called nut link belts Rolling Eyes

This is looking like a very expensive way of doing things now though. I reckon I'm looking at about £40, maybe more just for the one fan belt Shocked

The genny drive belts are definitely going to be the normal rubber type!
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 12:30

Yes Ian, there not a cheap belt but Stationary parts do tend to be expensive try looking at belt suppliers and I'm sure you'll find it a lot cheaper.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:01

So far, this one is the cheapest I can find http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221182235917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Still looking at the best part of £40, and that's if I can keep the run down to below 2m! I haven't even tried to measure what the run might be yet, this is all speculation for the future once I get the fan, shaft, pulley and bearing sorted (can you see the money adding up? Rolling Eyes )
I am also a little mystified about what section to use as the groove in the flywheel pulley is bigger that B section but smaller than C section and pretty deep but after some advice from someone else I reckon I'll try the B section, I just hope I can get a corresponding pulley for the fan end.

EDIT:
I just went down the garage for a fag and roughly measured the belt run. Looks like I'll get away with 2m easily, in fact, if there was some imaginative jiggery pokery going on you could possibly get it down to 1m but it may not look right and could cause more headaches. Maybe I should wait until I've got the fan pulley mounted or maybe I should just order 2m and be done with it.
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:46

Ian it looks as if the belt will be the least of your worries, I wouldn't buy it yet just in case things don't work out then you've saved £40. Not trying to put a dampner on things but other items are more important and without them the belts no use.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:36

I know what you mean Stu, I wasn't planning on buying the belt just yet, unless something cheap appears on ebay. I was just a bit alarmed that I couldn't find anything about them when I did a search.
Either way, I will get this thing back to radiator cooling even if it kills me! Laughing
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 12:02

I like your determination Ian, good luck with finding all the parts you'll need.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down