www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Morris W.E.B.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Morris W.E.B.

Post by paulvanderdoes on Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:36

Hello ,I own an engine ,it is a Morris with a generator made in WW2.
What i like to knowe is,are there many of this engine left.

Its including a big box with spare parts,all in origenal packege
I will put some more picture on next time.
Paul

paulvanderdoes
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Re: Morris W.E.B.

Post by nutgone on Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:17

Can't say I've ever seen one, but if any parts are interchangeable with any Morris car engines then I expect any surplus would have been cannibalised for parts by now, much like the Douglas & Triumph motorcycle engine based units (OK, the Douglas wasn't a motorcycle based engine to begin with, but it went on to be used in a motorcycle).

I would love to see some pictures of the engine. Does it run?

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by paulvanderdoes on Sun Feb 24 2013, 18:15

I had it running ones,but I whait for the summer and bring it out to let it run outside the shed, make some pictures and a film about it.
I dont think that it has ever been used.
Paul

paulvanderdoes

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Feb 25 2013, 12:28

It's difficult to say how many of these units are still about today as there'll be sitting in the backs of shed being there years and years and forgotten about, while some may still be in use as home back up supplies.

Looking forward to seeing a video of it running,

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Mon Feb 25 2013, 12:49

Someone in my eBay region (within 50 miles of my postcode) is selling a manual for a Morris engine....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1953-MORRIS-16-HP-PETROL-UNITS-INDUSTRIAL-ENGINE-WORKSHOP-PARTS-MANUAL-/360510716370?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item53f01cf9d2

he also has a Ford industrial engine book as well as others.

I tried doing a quick google image search for Morris engines, but it didn't come up with much.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by paulvanderdoes on Sun Mar 03 2013, 20:42

Hello I have some more pictures

I think nex week i get it out of the shed,en see if i can start it

paulvanderdoes

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Mar 03 2013, 23:15

Big bugger, isn't it? Shocked

Love it though. They're not everyone's cup of tea, these MOD type units, but I love them. My brother & I have got a WW2 Douglas generating set which is all in a frame. I always wanted one of the Triumph 500 twin ones, but pretty much all of those have been cannibalised for parts as the head & barrels were used on the racing version of the 500cc twin motorbike. You can always tell the fakes from the copies with the bikes, as the genuine ones have the little solid bits between the fins, the ones with the bits off the generating set engines have tapped holes in these bits, where the cowling was secured. I think the bike is called the Trophy, & they are worth a fortune, certainly more than the stationary engines. Crying or Very sad

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Mar 04 2013, 12:45

Due to the size and weight is one reason there's not many big gens sets about.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k on Mon Mar 04 2013, 19:56

stationary stu wrote:Due to the size and weight is one reason there's not many big gens sets about.

Stu.
You're right there Stu, our Douglas is a lightweight compared to this one and even that is difficult to deal with! Shocked

Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:21

I would still like it though, & I don't think I would be able to say no if one came my way for a good price. A bit like the Kohler, I kind of set my heart on it & even after doing some research on SmokStak & finding out it was probably going to be very heavy & bulky, I still just had to have it. Very Happy

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:45

Nuts one some people find heavy others don't my Bradford everyone says is heavy but I have no troble, unless it's the size of the wheels that helps.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 on Wed Mar 06 2013, 08:31

Well if anyone is interested in owning one of these, Preston Services nr Canterbury have one for sale, NOS, just dont ask the price! Shocked

Stamford24
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Mar 06 2013, 11:56

Don't need to ask the price you just said who had one... Preston services Laughing Laughing Laughing my wallet hides everytime I look at there web site.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:03

I've just found their website! Ridiculous prices! & you'd have thought, when they're charging that sort of money they could employ someone to type up their listings in proper English & with correct information! Rolling Eyes
Twice they refer to a twin cylinder Stuart Turner marine engine as a single!

Their engine is actually an Austin, I think it's a different engine to this one, probably mors similar to my Kohler, as I believe it's based on the Austin 7 car engine.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by paulvanderdoes on Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:20

I just look at there site to,but i can t see the morris gen set on it,i am getting curious now.
Paul

ok I see you said it is an Austin

paulvanderdoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 on Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:35

Ah yes, Austin, Morris sorry! thinking the same but obviously different as pre BL merger days Embarassed

Stamford24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top