www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My Lister d with a few brass mods...

3 posters

Go down

My Lister d with a few brass mods... Empty My Lister d with a few brass mods...

Post by ED3229 Mon Mar 18 2013, 07:02

Spent a small amount making my engine a little bit easier on the eye..... Link

ED3229
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

My Lister d with a few brass mods... Empty Re: My Lister d with a few brass mods...

Post by steve w Mon Mar 18 2013, 08:02

looking good Ed not to much bling - i wonder if anyone has ever had an enging copper plated?
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

My Lister d with a few brass mods... Empty Re: My Lister d with a few brass mods...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 12:24

Looks good now Ed just need some sunshine to see if it has the sparkle Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think you could maybe sort the HT lead out a bit better as it looks a bit tight to me. You should maybe change it for some coloured or cloth cable that would make it look different also.

This sort of stuff,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7mm-HT-Ignition-Lead-Cable-Wire-Core-PVC-Red-/220891712014?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336e2c0a0e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7mm-HT-Ignition-Lead-Cable-Gloss-OBF-Wire-Core-Cotton-Braided-/320792061713?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab0b26711

Stu.

Back to top Go down

My Lister d with a few brass mods... Empty My Lister d with a few brass mods...

Post by glowes3 Tue Mar 19 2013, 09:22

I like it Ed - catches the eye.
Did you clear coat the polished brass so it keeps its shine? I've used an clear enamel in a spray can and it seems to last. Someone else on the forum may have a better idea!
Regards Graeme
glowes3
glowes3
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ED3229 Tue Mar 19 2013, 10:38

glowes3 wrote:I like it Ed - catches the eye.
Did you clear coat the polished brass so it keeps its shine? I've used an clear enamel in a spray can and it seems to last. Someone else on the forum may have a better idea!
Regards Graeme

Mmm that sounds like a good idea........But then again I do like to polish the brass. (am I OCD LOL)

ED3229
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:22

Ed I saw these an thought of you. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-UNISEX-RETRO-80S-AVIATOR-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-/260776536727?pt=UK_Sunglasses_Adults&hash=item3cb77e2a97

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ED3229 Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:28

stationary stu wrote:Ed I saw these an thought of you. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-UNISEX-RETRO-80S-AVIATOR-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-/260776536727?pt=UK_Sunglasses_Adults&hash=item3cb77e2a97

Stu.

Have we met Stu ?? You seem to know me so well :stick lol: afro

ED

ED3229
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:40

ED3229 wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Ed I saw these an thought of you. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Have we met Stu ?? You seem to know me so well :stick lol: afro

ED

Were you ever in prison :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol: afro

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down