www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Other Hobby's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Other Hobby's

Post by Andrew1971 on Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:23

Hi All
If you call them hobby's it's computer's and cycling lol! lol!
Andrew

Andrew1971
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Hobby's

Post by Abes on Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:29

Mine would be shooting (HFT) air rifles only, though aint done a lot since the middle of last year till now due to the crap weather missed the world championships last year and not entered for this year either, roll on the summer

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ED3229 on Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:22

Mine will be cleaning the wife's new Land Rover when she gets it in a couple of weeks...... pale

ED

ED3229
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 on Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:40

Fishing/boating, and a bit of boxing occasionally, don't get much time for it these days

Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:14

Matth92 wrote:Fishing/boating, and a bit of boxing occasionally, don't get much time for it these days

and collecting glass bottles :angel1: :angel1:

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpmanjay on Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:38

carp fishing for me. ive done a bit of writing for the odd mag over the years and have a half decent sponsorship deal.

Carpmanjay
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:14

Thats not a carp this is a carp lol

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k on Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:28

I'm about to sell all my old fishing gear, no carp stuff but some decent coarse gear and a couple of vintage fly rods. I'd love to get back into fishing but what with the shooting, bushcraft, engines, kids, wife and business to run I just haven't got the time Sad

Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Mar 26 2013, 11:29

Well due to my back getting worse I'm now thinking that showing engines is going to get unmanagable so I've been looking around for a while for something to do. I though oh a train layout but I don't know the first thing about trains, LOL I've a very large collection of mainly die cast buses and a few trucks but I haven't the space for anymore so that's out. I enjoy caravanning and messing about with my van but they could go at the same time as I stop messing with engines. So looking around you tube I was fasinated to see some videos and hmmm I'd like to do that, I used to do it in my teans that was mainly racing but now I want to try something different. I'm thinking of going into rc trucks and construction equipment. I can sit at a table to build/repair them then sit when out operating them. Here's a video and there's plenty more to see, check out the German rc stuff spot on. The only thing that's stopping me is the price, for a basic set up it's about a grand but maybe shopping around I could chop a few hundred off the price but some of the good construction equpment is selling for £5k. My wife has seen some of the cheaper diggers etc and thought the ones selling for around the £150-£200 wasn't to bad so might start there LOL. The lights etc are all added later, the controller price is £225 you can even buy things like curtains to hang in the cab lol. There's a couple of links to give you an idea of prices but most times the radio gear is on top of the kit price and batteries are also needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyUi7xy2_o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-12-Scale-Earth-Digger-4200XL-Hydraulic-Excavator-RTR-Version-1-5-METAL-360-JCB-/130848798006?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1e77323536

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-MAN-TGX-26-540-6x4-XLX-1-14-Scale-RC-Truck-in-UK-/160996123921?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item257c1de511

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RAB on Thu Mar 28 2013, 11:37

stationary stu wrote:Well due to my back getting worse I'm now thinking that showing engines is going to get unmanagable so I've been looking around for a while for something to do. I though oh a train layout but I don't know the first thing about trains, LOL I've a very large collection of mainly die cast buses and a few trucks but I haven't the space for anymore so that's out. I enjoy caravanning and messing about with my van but they could go at the same time as I stop messing with engines. So looking around you tube I was fasinated to see some videos and hmmm I'd like to do that, I used to do it in my teans that was mainly racing but now I want to try something different. I'm thinking of going into rc trucks and construction equipment. I can sit at a table to build/repair them then sit when out operating them. Here's a video and there's plenty more to see, check out the German rc stuff spot on. The only thing that's stopping me is the price, for a basic set up it's about a grand but maybe shopping around I could chop a few hundred off the price but some of the good construction equpment is selling for £5k. My wife has seen some of the cheaper diggers etc and thought the ones selling for around the £150-£200 wasn't to bad so might start there LOL. The lights etc are all added later, the controller price is £225 you can even buy things like curtains to hang in the cab lol. There's a couple of links to give you an idea of prices but most times the radio gear is on top of the kit price and batteries are also needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyUi7xy2_o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-12-Scale-Earth-Digger-4200XL-Hydraulic-Excavator-RTR-Version-1-5-METAL-360-JCB-/130848798006?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1e77323536

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-MAN-TGX-26-540-6x4-XLX-1-14-Scale-RC-Truck-in-UK-/160996123921?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item257c1de511

Stu.

Stu,

I saw these on ebay, they might be a good starting point for you if your going into diggers and that. There near you as well so wont cost a lot for collection.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370786274801

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370786273072

Paul

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu Mar 28 2013, 11:48

Thanks so much for thinking about me Paul but I'm getting lazy so want one with a motor on it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I do like the first pic I have to say. Very Happy Embarassed :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu Mar 28 2013, 11:52

Paul I like the split in this section, I was wondering if something could be done to seperate topics as they would all end up in one big mess.

Nice one.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty on Fri Mar 29 2013, 13:28

Looking for the steam section lol, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by RAB on Fri Mar 29 2013, 15:38

Smitty wrote:Looking for the steam section lol, John.

John,

Here is the link to the Steam section, if theres anything you want to see on there please let me know and ill add it.

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net/f5-general-steam-stuff

Paul

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty on Fri Mar 29 2013, 15:46

RAB wrote:
Smitty wrote:Looking for the steam section lol, John.

John,

Here is the link to the Steam section, if theres anything you want to see on there please let me know and ill add it.

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net/f5-general-steam-stuff

Paul

Thank you, was looking in the wrong place, regards.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:19

Well I have been making one or two purchases towards my latest hobby, once I get sorted I'll post some pics.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top