www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Cycling topics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cycling topics

Post by RAB on Thu Mar 28 2013, 17:21

Please place your cycling topics here.

Paul

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Speed

Post by Andrew1971 on Thu Mar 28 2013, 19:26

Hi All
With a lot of people on here being driver's how many of you can judge a cyclist's speed. Smile
Some driver's where i live dont seem to be able to there's been a few time's i had a very close encounter with car bonnet's mostly older people driving Mad Just a thought.

PS
I am not getting at older driver's.

Andrew1971
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Re: Cycling topics

Post by stationary stu on Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:05

Living in the hills I don't come across many cyclists, whilst I understand that cyclists do have a rough time on the road there are some that take the pee in the citys using roads and pavements when lights go against them even crossings on junctions just so they don't have to wait a few seconds. These tricks do tend to get some drivers backs up as in true British tradition nobody likes a queue jumper.

Just don't get me started on horse riders ............................ Twisted Evil

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:48

we have the road owning lycra wearing 2 a breast town knobs
thinking there the only people on the road causing back logs of traffic , they even do it on the main road and the council have just finished a cycling road,cosing £1,000,000, wide enough forr cars to drive down, just the other side the hedge,
to the main road that needs resurfacing potholes every were
but the lycra brigade still clog up the a500 60mph road , as if they are the kings of the highways
if was incharge of the DVLA i would bring out a "cycle driving license" and give the police the right to give them fines and points for riding without due care and attention on a "puplic" no cycle highway
then when they have 6 points, a 12 months ban , there lycras burned and cycle crushed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
the HGV drivers i feel the worst for as they cant just hoof it past them betwen the trafic ,as its bad enough for cars to do
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 on Fri Mar 29 2013, 14:11

Yes the lycra clad are the worst one's for traffic in town. Cycle path's here are a joke the road is smother.
With having no car i cycle every where some car driver's are stupid and dangerous toward's cyclist's.
I do about 20ish mph round town to keep up with traffic and still get knob head's overtaking on roundabout's. Twisted Evil
Car pull's out of junction i nearly end up on bonnet of car and what "Sorry i did noy see you" get your eye's tested then Twisted Evil
I ride by my self most of the time aswell. Other then that i like cycling Very Happy
Many Thank's
Andrew

Andrew1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top