www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Metal Detecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Metal Detecting

Post by steve w on Sat Mar 30 2013, 09:01

Metal detecting is my main hobby - for several yrs it was my full time life while living in the back of a van around Europe -

Last edited by steve w on Sat Mar 30 2013, 09:10; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to get vids to show within the thread and not a link - if admin can help it would be much appreciated)

steve w
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Detecting

Post by seniorengineers on Sat Mar 30 2013, 11:47

I purchased a detector a couple of years back, and i have not had a chance to use it as yet, and me near the sea. Will need to make an effort this year. You got some fantastic finds there boy, well done, cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w on Sat Mar 30 2013, 11:53

Thanks David, - what machine have you got? some makes mostly the vlf machines wont work on the beach, your in a good location you would be suprised how many rings are lost - here is a pic of some of the silver i have found,

steve w
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sat Mar 30 2013, 12:04

steve w wrote:Thanks David, - what machine have you got? some makes mostly the vlf machines wont work on the beach, your in a good location you would be suprised how many rings are lost - here is a pic of some of the silver i have found,

Bloody hell, that lot must be worth a small fortune. I'v got the National Geographic NG200DR model. Auto calibration and discrimination circuitry, (digital) cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Mar 30 2013, 12:24

I know some of the old Roman stuff is worth a bit but myself I'd just do the beach, get all the modern stuff, coins, watches rings etc quick sale. Very Happy

Steve any idea what the most valuble item you've found and how much is it worth?

David, just becareful out with your metal detector coz if you lay down to rest someone would think they've found something very old lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w on Sat Mar 30 2013, 12:51

stationary stu wrote:I know some of the old Roman stuff is worth a bit but myself I'd just do the beach, get all the modern stuff, coins, watches rings etc quick sale. Very Happy

Steve any idea what the most valuble item you've found and how much is it worth?

David, just becareful out with your metal detector coz if you lay down to rest someone would think they've found something very old lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

beach detecting is a hard life stu - there is much more on the land and easier to find, - money hasnt come into it much with myself as its the fun of the find but one day i will send you some pics stu of my best items. i have detected since i was 12 most weeks its a great hobbie with some real good mates.

steve w
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Mar 30 2013, 13:22

Well the way my back is I don't think this is a hobby I'll be taking up so you can have my share of fields Steve, at a very reasonable price to you. Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sat Mar 30 2013, 19:14

stationary stu wrote:I know some of the old Roman stuff is worth a bit but myself I'd just do the beach, get all the modern stuff, coins, watches rings etc quick sale. Very Happy

Stu.

Looks like it have a go at seniorengineers day Shocked There would'nt be much lying down on the job, as you might think, Sleep just cos you think i'm an old fart, on me last legs, does'nt mean i am incapable of a days work No affraid I can still give these yougsters a run for their money bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! cheers David

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Mar 31 2013, 11:58

David you can put in a good days graft, are you still working 7 days a week? This might sound strange but I've not worked for 10years and I miss it, I worked long and hard all my life and at first it was great just like a long holiday but I soon got bored of that, due to the meds I've been on there's no way I could go back to work. In fact they've hung my overalls up in a museum. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sun Mar 31 2013, 18:54

stationary stu wrote:David you can put in a good days graft, are you still working 7 days a week? This might sound strange but I've not worked for 10years and I miss it, I worked long and hard all my life and at first it was great just like a long holiday but I soon got bored of that, due to the meds I've been on there's no way I could go back to work. In fact they've hung my overalls up in a museum. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.
Hi stu, not hung up my overalls yet, and yes , I still do seven days a week, but on saying that, not every week.I work on the concrete mixer between 3/5 days a week, and the rest of the time I'm doing radiator or fuel tank repairs, not much time left for working on my projects, that is why i am parting with some items, also to build up my savings as they have taken a bashing of late, not on projects either, damn vehicles. cheers David.
I will be collecting the motor home at the end of this week, so will post on here pic's of her, albeit on a new thread. Now you can see why i am still working, needs must as they say. affraid lol! lol! Very Happy

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Apr 01 2013, 12:01

David you keep it up as long as you can mate without over doing things. I know what it's like to think your savings is starting to grow then bang something comes along and bites your ass.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:43

stationary stu wrote:David you keep it up as long as you can mate without over doing things. I know what it's like to think your savings is starting to grow then bang something comes along and bites your ass.

Stu.

sounds like me saving up for another van but then something catches my eye like another engine etc or milking bits etc and thats a dent in the budget . Oh well im in no rush i can make do with what i have got for the moment .

Matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Apr 02 2013, 10:46

seniorengineers wrote:I purchased a detector a couple of years back, and i have not had a chance to use it as yet, and me near the sea. Will need to make an effort this year. You got some fantastic finds there boy, well done, cheers David.

Little tip David, when your out trying it don't wear steel toe capped boots. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Tue Apr 02 2013, 15:53

stationary stu wrote:
seniorengineers wrote:I purchased a detector a couple of years back, and i have not had a chance to use it as yet, and me near the sea. Will need to make an effort this year. You got some fantastic finds there boy, well done, cheers David.

Little tip David, when your out trying it don't wear steel toe capped boots. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.
Yeh!! Thanks Stu, Shocked No ,
As if a man of my integrity would do summut as daft as that, :stick lol: :stick lol: David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Apr 03 2013, 11:50

:stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol! It's something stupid I'd do David. :stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top