www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Pressure lamps and stoves ..

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pressure lamps and stoves ..

Post by matt86 on Sun Apr 14 2013, 19:05

Hello all some of you may know i have been dabaling a bit with tilley lamps in the last year , had around 4 of them but since getting rather anoyed with the new parts you get i Branched out to another brand

Got 2 vapalux lamps now . Only got 4 lamps at the moment .

I find it intreasting and enjoy getting old lamps rebuilding them and getting them going again , Only recentlly started but will be looking out for more lamps to buy . wouldnt mind to get a primus stove or 2 as well . Have quite a few hanging basket brackets around the garden which will be hanging lamps from in the summer when have a bbq .

As you can see between the two Tilleys one on the left is working great , but other one is not . Has a new type vapourizer which for some reason does not work as well as the old ones . So thats something il have to fix .

Matt

Ps i know there quite a few lamp enthusiasts on this forum as well .

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Pressure lamps and stoves ..

Post by Abes on Sun Apr 14 2013, 19:21

Watch it mate otherwise they take over, if your after a Primus mate got a spare in the shed if you want one

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Apr 14 2013, 19:38

abes there slowly breeding , but i did sell 2 tilleys of before christmas , but then found out how nice vapalux lamps are lol

that would be great if you have a spare primus stove ..

Matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Sun Apr 14 2013, 19:53

matt86 wrote:abes there slowly breeding , but i did sell 2 tilleys of before christmas , but then found out how nice vapalux lamps are lol

Matt

You keep collecting matt, they will be worth a few bob when you get to my age, No or tilley get tired of it Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! cheers David

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Apr 14 2013, 20:06

seniorengineers wrote:
matt86 wrote:abes there slowly breeding , but i did sell 2 tilleys of before christmas , but then found out how nice vapalux lamps are lol

Matt

You keep collecting matt, they will be worth a few bob when you get to my age, No or tilley get tired of it Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! cheers David

dont you start again on the tilley puns David , they are getting a bit old now just like you other guys on here

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Mon Apr 15 2013, 16:49

At least you did'nt have to pay out a fortune for the bacon butties, you only had one. so did I, but I seemed to miss you again, Still , us'll meet up sometime soon. I can see you lamping some one soon with all these tilley comments, never mind, it's all good clean fun. cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Apr 15 2013, 17:19

seniorengineers wrote:At least you did'nt have to pay out a fortune for the bacon butties, you only had one. so did I, but I seemed to miss you again, Still , us'll meet up sometime soon. I can see you lamping some one soon with all these tilley comments, never mind, it's all good clean fun. cheers David.

no pun in the word "lamping" is there now Rolling Eyes

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Mon Apr 15 2013, 17:25

matt86 wrote:
seniorengineers wrote:At least you did'nt have to pay out a fortune for the bacon butties, you only had one. so did I, but I seemed to miss you again, Still , us'll meet up sometime soon. I can see you lamping some one soon with all these tilley comments, never mind, it's all good clean fun. cheers David.

no pun in the word "lamping" is there now Rolling Eyes

matt

AAh, but there is, it's another word for thumping some one, in certain area's of the country affraid lol! lol! cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Apr 15 2013, 17:30

I know we use the word lamping is the area .... well not so much these days . but times change affraid affraid

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Apr 16 2013, 12:36

I think the word lamping sounds better ... example I'm going to lamp him or I'm going to tilley him, just not the same Laughing Laughing Laughing

Matt you'll need a new shed built for all your new bits n bobs, milking equipment, tilley lamps, petrol cans what's next or have I missed some? Laughing

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Tue Apr 16 2013, 14:16

Stu , i need another shed anyway for the bigger engines anyway ....

I have a mound of soil to move , so i think il rope my dad to give me a hand and once thats done i will have some space for another shed ... i think it will be 18 x 8 ish , plenty just to store engines in . That way my smaller brick shed can be used for milking bits pressure lamps , cans , water pumps etc .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dursley dog on Tue Apr 16 2013, 17:48

Here's a nice tilley lamp for you Matt on fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390577689389?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649' Al

dursley dog
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers on Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:24

matt86 wrote:I know we use the word lamping is the area .... well not so much these days . but times change affraid affraid

matt
Or the other saying is gonna punch your lights out affraid Laughing lol! cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Apr 17 2013, 12:22

dursley dog wrote:Here's a nice tilley lamp for you Matt on fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390577689389?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649' Al

You'll give Matt heart failure showing him prices like that. :stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol!

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Wed Apr 17 2013, 18:58

bugger that !

not that keen on it either ... prefer the storm type lamps .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman on Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:22

not pressure, but, acquired this tonight:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Beatrice-033-SAD-Boiling-Stove-made-in-England-/321113729773?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item4ac3deaaed&autorefresh=true

Best bit is, the seller is 400yds from my front door Very Happy

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.

blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:37

Andy you bringing that to abbey hill to cook on ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh look out for a certian glow worm il have around 4 lamps on the go in my awning at night , your welcome to come over for a chat and a cuppa anytime you want if im sat about .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman on Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:47

matt86 wrote:Andy you bringing that to abbey hill to cook on ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh look out for a certian glow worm il have around 4 lamps on the go in my awning at night , your welcome to come over for a chat and a cuppa anytime you want if im sat about .

matt
Cheers Matt, I will take it to Abbey hill, may use it as a slow cooker for some steak and ale stew Smile

We used to get called the glow worms at Netley Marsh years ago, but we're going back to Wurzel times Very Happy Me and my Dad seemed to be the only ones who took them up to the beer tent and arena at night.

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.

blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:58

blackvanman wrote:not pressure, but, acquired this tonight:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Beatrice-033-SAD-Boiling-Stove-made-in-England-/321113729773?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item4ac3deaaed&autorefresh=true

Best bit is, the seller is 400yds from my front door Very Happy

That's something different Andy, you just need to test it the a coat of black grate paint and it's sorted. Very Happy

I know this is slightly off topic but I've noticed that a few people are now selling the converted gas bottles into heaters (stoves) there selling for £49 on ebay.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Fri May 24 2013, 22:21

Right lads , i decided to get a primus stve going but The "roarer" type has got a leak around the tank filler neck so made one from a almost complete stove .

And this is the outcome

Yes , i had to try it out Embarassed
Er indoors want keen me using it in the house so i had to try to see how long it took to cook a sausage and if heated up hot enough to cook .

And yes i did eat it too :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman on Fri May 24 2013, 23:31

matt86 wrote:Right lads , i decided to get a primus stve going but The "roarer" type has got a leak around the tank filler neck so made one from a almost complete stove .

And this is the outcome

Yes , i had to try it out Embarassed
Er indoors want keen me using it in the house so i had to try to see how long it took to cook a sausage and if heated up hot enough to cook .

And yes i did eat it too :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

matt

lol, good work, any excuse for a banger in the shed Very Happy

blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat May 25 2013, 12:26

Er in doorz don't give you much to eat Matt. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had a neighbour give me some old bits n bobs from his caravaning days and one thing he gave me is some kind of primus oven, I'll check it out and let you know what it is.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat May 25 2013, 16:55

stationary stu wrote:Er in doorz don't give you much to eat Matt. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had a neighbour give me some old bits n bobs from his caravaning days and one thing he gave me is some kind of primus oven, I'll check it out and let you know what it is.

Stu.

Primus did do oven stu , saw a few of them today as i was public at a rally .

But i have bought yet another Tilley lamp Embarassed but its one i havent got . One they refer to as the " pork pie " storm lamp .

Think i should get my collection out a photograph them all .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus on Sat May 25 2013, 17:23

Does your new lamp have the proper orange enamel top? I think I still have a pork pie base one at my dads place along with 3 or 4 four posters and a vaporlux. I only have 2 red 2 gold a floodlight and a chrome primus lamp down here (only! ha)

Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat May 25 2013, 19:41

Biggusdannus wrote:Does your new lamp have the proper orange enamel top? I think I still have a pork pie base one at my dads place along with 3 or 4 four posters and a vaporlux. I only have 2 red 2 gold a floodlight and a chrome primus lamp down here (only! ha)

affraid not had a stormlamp hood fitted .

If i get time i will get the all out tomorow and take some pictures of what i have .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top