www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Some of kohler298's engines

2 posters

Go down

Some of kohler298's engines Empty Some of kohler298's engines

Post by nutgone Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 pm

OK, so I asked him to come along here & have a look round & he's now joined us.

He asked me to post a few of his engine pics, so here they are....

Recognise this little beauty....

Some of kohler298's engines WillysKohler2_zpsf334458a

Some of kohler298's engines WillysKohler1_zpsbcc5631d

Some of kohler298's engines WillysKohler3_zps3a51341b

He's got a few others, but I still need to upload them. I will try & do it later tonight.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Some of kohler298's engines Empty Re: Some of kohler298's engines

Post by Lewis MacRae Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Is that a dynamo at the end?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Lewis MacRae wrote:Is that a dynamo at the end?

Yep, that's all these engines ever did, they were all used with direct coupled generators of various sizes & outputs, up to about 2kw. The engines were built by Kohler Engine Division, then "sold" to Kohler Generator Division next door. they were never supplied (as just engines) to anywhere else in their build history (they were built from the early 1920s right up to around 1948, they were even sold to the military, so can't be bad, as military stuff has to be good spec).

Most of them were also self starting, & it was a far superior system to Lister's Start'O'Matic, even had an electronic auto choke (we're talking 1920s here). They must've been expensive when you factor in the shipping costs. But they did sell quite a few over here to country houses & the like. I've got quite a few genuine adverts from various magazines from the 1920s & 30s, I've bought them off eBay, scanned them & blown them up to A4 size, then I laminate them & show them with the engines. I do the same for most of my stuff, if I can find an advert for it on eBay, got loads for the Tarpen.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down