www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Rally Insurance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rally Insurance

Post by Mattk on Sun Apr 21 2013, 22:03

Hi all, I have finally got my Lister DK running after months of tinkering! Its not fully restored but it atleast runs after spending over 20 years under hedge! I am posibly taking it to Strumpshaw at the end of may but need to get insurance for it. I believe joining a club is the best way to go but dont know where to start.

Any help would be great,

Thanks, Matt

Mattk

Back to top Go down

Re: Rally Insurance

Post by matt86 on Sun Apr 21 2013, 22:09

Mattk wrote:Hi all, I have finally got my Lister DK running after months of tinkering! Its not fully restored but it atleast runs after spending over 20 years under hedge! I am posibly taking it to Strumpshaw at the end of may but need to get insurance for it. I believe joining a club is the best way to go but dont know where to start.

Any help would be great,

Thanks, Matt

do a google search for local vintage machineary clubs near your area , and give them a ring and ask if you can join .

Or

phone walker midgley they can do public liability insurance without going through a club but its slightly more around £18 a year i think .

Matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:54

Do NFU and Adrian Flux still do engine insurance? You don't need to be in the area to join some clubs as there getting your membership fee for doing nothing (normally about £5) then the insurance is about £15 so not to bad. My club membership and insurance costs me £23 per year and that's for family cover so my wife's on the insurance and can watch the engines if I need to leave them for any length of time.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jay on Mon Apr 22 2013, 17:37

not plugging another forum but fozzers forum does rally insurance cheaper than anywhere else at the moment....thats by NFU as well,NFU still do engines but its dearer..
only worth joining a club if you are going to take advantage of them or they give discounts and have things to chat or do...Cant recomend any clubs in suffolk either(WVDPS are pretty bad at treating members and many have left this year and last year also called the clicky club)

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Mon Apr 22 2013, 18:45

I have used Fozzers this year good price never now might take some engines to a local rally
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Apr 22 2013, 20:15

Same as that chris , but it might be too late to get the insurance at last minuite from Peter .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sat May 11 2013, 22:50

Bit late for this now, but I believe the other lot (YKWIM) still dish out insurance cards right through until July or August if they've got any left on their quota.

It's about £2 or £3 for full cover up until new years eve.

(So tempted to say something else now, but I will leave it at that, don't want to get into any forum bashing as this is the friendly forum where everyone is nice & helpful Very Happy ).

Maybe one of us should look into contacting NFU next year & do insurance through this forum. It will probably end up costing slightly more than on the other side, but would be nice for our members & I'm sure they would support us.

I know I'm not admin but I would be happy to have a little look into it & take it on as a project if anyone's interested??? I've got a printer & laminating machine. It would probably come to nothing, but I could at least fire off an email & ask them what's involved.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sat May 11 2013, 23:31

Or i could pop into my NFU local office in swindon ....

We will have to have a chat with Paul about this one .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun May 12 2013, 09:04

matt86 wrote:Or i could pop into my NFU local office in swindon ....

We will have to have a chat with Paul about this one .

matt

Yeah, see what he says, but I wouldn't mind helping out.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Mon May 13 2013, 11:45

Great idea for our own insurance, if you could maybe sort out between you to check it out that would be great.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Mon May 13 2013, 14:41

See what Matt86 says. I don't mind emailing, but I don't know where my local NFU office is. Can't hurt to ask though can it? It would probably need looking into now, ready for next year, otherwise it'll all be a big rush. Also, if we can do it, it gives us plenty of time to get the word out. I'm sure a few of our core members would be happy to get it through this forum, even if it was a quid or two more than the other place. It's all part of helping out.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon May 13 2013, 16:24

Nuts go knock yourself out with emailing them or even a phone call as im quite busy at the moment .

cheers , matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top