www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Marshall Semi-diesel

Go down

Marshall Semi-diesel Empty Marshall Semi-diesel

Post by rubythursday Sat May 04 2013, 19:09

Today's job was fitting new reed valves to the carriers and refitting to engine. Pic one shows the engine with the valve removed, pic 2 shows the valve installed and pic 3 shows the inlet cover fitted.

Tere are 8 valves on the engine.

more info on the engine can be seen here: marshall

Marshall Semi-diesel Reed1

Marshall Semi-diesel Reed2

Marshall Semi-diesel Reed3

1913 Hornsby L Type 8HP, 1926 Blackstone 5HP, 1927 Lister D 'Shafty', 1940 Stuart Turner P5LY generating set, 1944 Ruston Hornsby 6PB, 1945 Wolseley WD2, 1946 Norman SC, 1971 Rover 2000 auto, 1990 VW T4 camper, 2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5 Auto, 2005 Volvo S60 auto.
rubythursday
rubythursday
Expert
Expert

http://www.tonysimons.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Marshall Semi-diesel Empty Re: Marshall Semi-diesel

Post by Guest Sun May 05 2013, 11:38

Wow Tony that some size engine. Shocked I like the pic where (I think it's you) your standing over the top of the piston, that shows the size of it. It will be a great achievement to get that up and running again, shame you so far away (I'm unable to drive far) as I'd like to have been able to come and see it.
Keep up the great work and keep us informed of how your getting on please.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by rubythursday Sun May 05 2013, 17:23

Hi Stu
I try to get across once a month to work on it. I bring bits home to do. When I get it done they have 3 start-o-matics and a 4 cylinder Petter for me to do!

They are interested in holding a rally there. I already do a car event for them.

If there is enough interest I'll organise it.

1913 Hornsby L Type 8HP, 1926 Blackstone 5HP, 1927 Lister D 'Shafty', 1940 Stuart Turner P5LY generating set, 1944 Ruston Hornsby 6PB, 1945 Wolseley WD2, 1946 Norman SC, 1971 Rover 2000 auto, 1990 VW T4 camper, 2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5 Auto, 2005 Volvo S60 auto.
rubythursday
rubythursday
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 11:47

Sounds as if you've got a full work load for the next year or two, good luck with them as they will be a great collection to see once there all up and running.

An engine rally sounds a great idea, the main thing to it being succesful is planning the best date so as it doesn't conflict with any other rallies in 100 mile radius. Also plenty of advertising helps.

Good luck,

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by rubythursday Sun Jun 02 2013, 20:05

I was having problems with the big end on number 4 locking the engine when we tightened it up. I had scraped the bearing in as the cylinder had been removed but when bolted to the con rod it locked. Investigation showed the big end bolts were slightly bent. Anyway we set about turning 2 new ones. The thread was 1 1/8" Whit and I cut the thread on the lathe
.Marshall Semi-diesel Bolt1
Marshall Semi-diesel Bolt2

rubythursday
rubythursday
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03 2013, 12:21

Great job, it must be nice to have the skills to make something like that also the equipment to do the job. 👍

Great work,

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down