www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Entrys for Miss June

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Entrys for Miss June

Post by RAB on Sun May 05 2013, 20:37

Hi all,

A good response to last months vote both of pictures and votes, good to see people having there say.

Anyone who has a picture that they wish to put forward for this month, please post it here and we can have a vote on it.

Over the last few months weve had a few more new members join, It would be nice to see some of the engines or engine displays that you have got, so please feel free to post and we look forward to seeing your stuff.

I know posting a pic here is not the easiest so i have posted a link on how to post pics below:-

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net/t2492-step-by-step-photo-upload

Can i also ask that only landscape pictures are used. Also 1 pic per person.

Hope thats of use,

Paul

Last edited by RAB on Sun May 26 2013, 20:56; edited 1 time in total

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Entrys for Miss June

Post by stationary stu on Mon May 06 2013, 10:41

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janner on Mon May 06 2013, 12:00

Another one from my photo collection , Thanks for Miss May everyone Laughing Janner

janner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden on Mon May 06 2013, 18:45

Water cooled JAP 2 stroke.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Mon May 06 2013, 22:50

amanco 2 1/4hp gasoline/kerosene yr 1916-22

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RAB on Tue May 07 2013, 18:17

kevjhnsn wrote:amanco 2 1/4hp gasoline/kerosene yr 1916-22

Nice,

RAB
Admin

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue May 07 2013, 21:51

RAB wrote:
kevjhnsn wrote:amanco 2 1/4hp gasoline/kerosene yr 1916-22

Nice,
thanks mate ,and its my own camera shot too affraid

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Tue May 07 2013, 22:02

Oh go on then.....

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Tue May 07 2013, 22:05

I really need to get some better photos of that engine. Embarassed

She's off to a rally at the end of the month, so I will try again then.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue May 07 2013, 22:28

nutgone wrote:I really need to get some better photos of that engine. Embarassed

that steering bar is scaring me mate, sitting in the middle of the radiator , one day that maybe a expensive issue ,radiators dont need much of a knock, to make them leak mate , what about a wooden cross bar that just drops in the end when lifted up to rad mate, shame to damage her after the work youve put into getting her back to the living
still a nice toy in my eyes, and the pulley is fitted now , so soon be stoppping the hunt with a load then mate
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Wed May 08 2013, 09:40

kevjhnsn wrote:
nutgone wrote:I really need to get some better photos of that engine. Embarassed

that steering bar is scaring me mate, sitting in the middle of the radiator , one day that maybe a expensive issue ,radiators dont need much of a knock, to make them leak mate , what about a wooden cross bar that just drops in the end when lifted up to rad mate, shame to damage her after the work youve put into getting her back to the living
still a nice toy in my eyes, and the pulley is fitted now , so soon be stoppping the hunt with a load then mate
kev

I've taken the bar off now, will either just fit it as & when it's needed or find something else. maybe even test my welding skills & make up something different. It's already scratched the rad paint once, that was enough for me.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed May 08 2013, 15:59

Rather then a nut and bolt I use a clevis pin and an R clip on my handles so they don't cause any problems with tripping over it, hitting paint work, etc.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Wed May 08 2013, 23:34

stationary stu wrote:Rather then a nut and bolt I use a clevis pin and an R clip on my handles so they don't cause any problems with tripping over it, hitting paint work, etc.

Stu.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Thu May 09 2013, 07:04

On the subject of trolley handles , i got the blacksmith to make me one for my IHC .The handle is just 12mm round bar bent and 90 degrees at the top so the sides run paralel and is 3' long with 2 bent turns on the bottom and they just slot into the holes on the trolley and you can turn and steer it without and r clips or pins and it does not show any sign that it want to jump out ...

Its all about design , as its springed into place so guess why thats why it wont pop out .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu May 09 2013, 11:14

I made a handle with the similar idea Matt but I didn't trust mine to jump out, there again I wasn't using heavy steel round bar for mine and it didn't have much spring to hold it in place.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Thu May 09 2013, 14:00

stationary stu wrote:I made a handle with the similar idea Matt but I didn't trust mine to jump out, there again I wasn't using heavy steel round bar for mine and it didn't have much spring to hold it in place.

Stu.

think if you have access to heat like a forge or gas axe you've cracked it as can bend metal sharper turns without losing the spring of material.

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Thu May 09 2013, 14:54

The one I've got there is only temporary anyway, until I get some more suitable metal stock. Mark (Stamford24) gave me an old mower handle, so I might be able to make something up out of that, maybe something that acts on the ends of the axles, rather than the centre.

For now I will just take it off when it's not needed, it's only one bolt. But I will sort something else out as I've never liked it, I was just using what i had available at the time.

I fired this one up again the other day & she still runs lovely. Not quite as easy to start when she's bee standing for a week or 2, but still a lot easier than most of my other engines. I really need to sort out a proper silencer though, I don't think my dad wants me taking that BSA one with me in case someone nicks it. I would have to take it back to the caravan at night as I don't usually camp with my engines, in fact most of the rallies I go to don't allow it. Those silencers are pretty expensive these days, most of them are well over £70 each & that's just for copies.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri May 10 2013, 11:53

matt86 wrote:
stationary stu wrote:I made a handle with the similar idea Matt but I didn't trust mine to jump out, there again I wasn't using heavy steel round bar for mine and it didn't have much spring to hold it in place.

Stu.

think if you have access to heat like a forge or gas axe you've cracked it as can bend metal sharper turns without losing the spring of material.

matt

Matt it was tube steel but I think it's cheap quality as it had little spring more bend. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 on Thu May 16 2013, 20:42

This one is really down to Nuts, but I thought it looked great in the sunshine today.

Stamford24
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Thu May 16 2013, 21:24

That's a bloody good pic of it too. I notice a couple of enhancements which have improved it vastly. I would've liked to replace the fuel pipe, which I see you've done. I like the drain tap as well.

Now, what did you use to polish up the Bakelite cap on the magneto? I have a few different things/methods I use to revitalise Bakelite, but whatever you've done there looks really good.

I won't know which one to vote for now! That or the Kohler??? scratch

I must admit, that is a good pic, the one I have of the Kohler, although the best I have, really doesn't show it of to it's full glory.

I bet neither of them win anyway! Rolling Eyes Laughing

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 on Thu May 16 2013, 22:05

The fuel pipe is the same, just straightened out and gone over with a scotchbrite pad. Was going to polish it but didn't think that looked right with the tap etc. The mag cover got a light spray of satin black. You remember that nasty scuff on the front, well nothing was going to get that out and as it was so nice today, a quick spray and it was dry in half an hour. I also added a stop button off a Wico A which works a treat. Very Happy

Stamford24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae on Mon May 20 2013, 16:39

laa#2 by LewizMacRae, on Flickr

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:43