www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Steam Trains

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steam Trains

Post by EarlBathurst on Mon May 20 2013, 21:09

Hi All, As some of you may know my first and main hobby is and always will be steam trains, I've been a volunteer at The Great Western society,Didcot, for 40 years, mainly on the maintainance dept Where i've been in charge for approx 22 years, I've Been lucky enough to have been in charge of Burton Agnes Hall,Nunney Castle, King Edward I,and EarlBathurst, On Main line tours and involved with a total of 16 locos including Britannia , Duke of Gloucester & Evening Star to name a few, so as you can tell my stationary engines are really secondary thing, but they did overlap once when i took into Laughing Cornwall and i picked up a Lister D at St Blazey Depot And it came back on the support coach ! Laughing

affraid 100ish Allens,1xListerH, 7xListerD's,3xListerA's,2xListerB's,1xListerJ,1ListerLH,2xListerM's,1xListerN,                 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 1xLister CS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.

EarlBathurst
A true Stationary engine owner

http://www.johnallenofoxford.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam Trains

Post by casper on Mon May 20 2013, 21:54

The level crossing in our village, on the Severn Valley Railway.

casper
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Mon May 20 2013, 22:05

i a steam and stationary nut Embarassed
i am trying to build a burrell 4" or 1/3rd scale traction engine , i have it posted on here
just boiler funding is the issue for me of late Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Embarassed
and now concerntratng on the internal combustion eara Very Happy and loving it just as much :thumbup:
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 on Tue May 21 2013, 21:01

Ah Trains! Its said that there are a lot of frustrated Steam enthusiasts in to Stationary Engines!! Like you, my first and foremost interest will always be Steam Railways. Having largely been an armchair enthusiast, I did a short stint at a private railway. Over 18 months managed to Drive, Fire, Guard and be Signalman on open days. Sadly costs of travelling from Southern territory deep into Go When Ready country Laughing knocked it on the head. Did help recently saving an Industrial from the scrapman. That was fun dragging the loco with a porta power winch or when we could borrow it, a timber tractor. 30ft at a time then take up the track and move it to t'other end. Oh and we had to turn through 90 degrees too! Very recently we have been making bits for the new Brighton Atlantic at work and today part of the Westinghouse Pump has arrived for a repair.

Stamford24

Back to top Go down

Post by joegrgraham on Sun Jun 02 2013, 06:14

Is there a website that gives details of steam loco movements on the mainline? I live close to the Gloucester-Swindon line and I know that it is sometimes used both for railtours and also for moving loco's from one place to another. I usually find out when I see a pic in the paper after it's happened!
Recently B.o.B Tangmere came through on a railtour, only found out after!

1926 Lister B (in bits).

joegrgraham
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst on Sun Jun 02 2013, 07:14

I use this !
http://www.uksteam.info/tours/index.htm
Regards, Karl.

affraid 100ish Allens,1xListerH, 7xListerD's,3xListerA's,2xListerB's,1xListerJ,1ListerLH,2xListerM's,1xListerN,                 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 1xLister CS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.

EarlBathurst

http://www.johnallenofoxford.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top