www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Corfe Mullen Carnival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corfe Mullen Carnival

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:33

Hi all, myself and mike would like to say a big thank you to all that attended the carnival yesterday with your engines, it was a good turnout lovely weather and even better mike. Made a retuurn after his unexpected trip to A&E, thanks again and look forward
To bigger and better next year,
Ian and Mike

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Corfe Mullen Carnival

Post by stationary stu on Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:05

Great to hear you had a good day with a good turn out of engines. Sorry to hear about Mike, hope he's feeling better very soon.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:56

Hi stu, yes all was good, however mike had a very nasty accident, he took the end of his finger off at first knuckle and I mean off, trapped in his flywheel, but usual mike style rushed off to hospital they couldnt attach it back yesterday so they pushed it all back together and splints bandages etc and he came back to play, he has to go tomorrow for an op to see if it can be saved, if not there removing it, so his new nickname was frankie four fingers, but he survived the day
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Jun 09 2013, 17:52

I did phone him erlier but Jackie explaned what happened ...

just wonder how on earth did he do that , finger got caught around a spoke when fired or simular .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 19:18

No his hand slipped when pulling it over, engine on the wrong type of trolley and flywheel to close to trolley, affraid affraid affraid was not a pretty sight but then he never was lol! lol! lol! lol! , in a lot of pain today I believe hes going in tomorrow morning for an op,
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Sun Jun 09 2013, 19:50

Cheers for a great day mate look forward to next year you going to put some pics up? hows old Frankie four fingers doing

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 19:56

Hi abes hes in a lot of pain today im giving him a lift in the morning to hospital to see what they can do, glad you enjoyed yourself, don't forget tractor as well next year, ive been asked to pass on a big thank you to you all from the carnival committee as well,
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:00

Give him our best, and no probs ref the carnival good day out and dont forget the pics

ian webb wrote:Hi abes hes in a lot of pain today im giving him a lift in the morning to hospital to see what they can do, glad you enjoyed yourself, don't forget tractor as well next year, ive been asked to pass on a big thank you to you all from the carnival committee as well,
Ian

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:03

im in the middle of uploading a short vid which i will post on here then some pics to follow,
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:16

Abes, you keep asking for pics, I just hope that's pics of the carnival & not pics of the nasty finger accident! affraid
(honestly, I'm not good with those kind of pics pale )

Seriously though, that does sound very painful. Hope they manage to save it. Bloody nasty, & just goes to show us all how easy these things can happen.

We can all be wise after the event, but be careful out there this season people, let's hope there are no more accidents. Wink

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:18

ian webb wrote:No his hand slipped when pulling it over, engine on the wrong type of trolley and flywheel to close to trolley, affraid affraid affraid was not a pretty sight but then he never was lol! lol! lol! lol! , in a lot of pain today I believe hes going in tomorrow morning for an op,
Ian

That does sound painfull , the trolley on my Fairbanks is the same as that pinched my finger a couple of times and yes its hurt buy luky it just bruised my finger ...

Apparently in at 7.30 tommorow to be knocked out i hear .

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:19

gotta pick him up at 6.45 in for 7.15,

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:22

nutgone wrote:Abes, you keep asking for pics, I just hope that's pics of the carnival & not pics of the nasty finger accident! affraid
(honestly, I'm not good with those kind of pics pale )

Seriously though, that does sound very painful. Hope they manage to save it. Bloody nasty, & just goes to show us all how easy these things can happen.

We can all be wise after the event, but be careful out there this season people, let's hope there are no more accidents. Wink

Abes doesn't need the pics of that one he saw with his own eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:26

matt86 wrote:
ian webb wrote:No his hand slipped when pulling it over, engine on the wrong type of trolley and flywheel to close to trolley, affraid affraid affraid was not a pretty sight but then he never was lol! lol! lol! lol! , in a lot of pain today I believe hes going in tomorrow morning for an op,
Ian

That does sound painfull , the trolley on my Fairbanks is the same as that pinched my finger a couple of times and yes its hurt buy luky it just bruised my finger ...

matt

i spoke to him not long ago and he said in so many words not repeatable on here that it wont be going out ever again on that trolley
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Jun 09 2013, 20:30

Thought maybe he wanted the rest of us to see.

Oh well, give Mike all our best wishes, & best of luck. (I wanted to say fingers crossed, & almost did, but I'm trying to remain serious, as safety is a serious issue in my book).

All the best anyway. Wink

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Sun Jun 09 2013, 21:11

ian webb wrote:
matt86 wrote:
Ian

matt

i spoke to him not long ago and he said in so many words not repeatable on here that it wont be going out ever again on that trolley
Ian

Typical Mike , knowing him bet there was a few F's C's in it .

some people just dont know how to build trolleys Shocked

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 21:13

matt86 wrote:
ian webb wrote:
matt86 wrote:
Ian

matt

Ian

matt

no very true but he said it was a trolley you made for him
Ian

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Jun 09 2013, 21:37

ian webb wrote:
matt86 wrote:

matt

Ian

Where there's blame, there's a claim. Wink

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Sun Jun 09 2013, 21:37

Now never thought about pics of Mike's finger shame forgot to take some, could put some pics up of mine instead i suppose lol

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Jun 09 2013, 21:50

Abes wrote:Now never thought about pics of Mike's finger shame forgot to take some, could put some pics up of mine instead i suppose lol

Don't have to lop one off on our account Abes. affraid

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb on Sun Jun 09 2013, 22:09

nutgone wrote:
Abes wrote:Now never thought about pics of Mike's finger shame forgot to take some, could put some pics up of mine instead i suppose lol

lol!

R lol! lol!

ian webb
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 on Mon Jun 10 2013, 16:13

ian webb wrote:
matt86 wrote:
ian webb wrote:
matt86 wrote:
Ian

matt

Ian

matt

Ian

Yeah yeah likley story ...

surpose there always have to blame someone ... nrmally there person is not present Rolling Eyes

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes on Mon Jun 10 2013, 18:56

Not just one mate 3 to be exact in the metal cutting guillotine at work they managed to sew them back on though

nutgone wrote:

Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Tue Jun 11 2013, 12:06

Ian can you pass on my best wishes and hope everything turns out ok and they can save his finger, he has enough problems without having to deal with this as well.

Thing is we've all don't it but have been lucky but luck wasn't on Mike's side this time.

flower flower flower flower flower I'll see if I can find some grapes to go with the flowers, or will cherries do? cherry cherry cherry

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  Very Happy                                        I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top