www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

BSA info anyone?

3 posters

Go down

BSA info anyone? Empty BSA info anyone?

Post by michael3 Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:09 am

Is there a source of info for BSA engines? I find myself with one and would like to know more, 4 stroke, 120cc 3000 rpm it says on the label, dark red and grey, 4:1 (I think) reduction box.

A nice little lump, but I know nothing about it. Were they used by the GPO for pumps and generators? But then, are these GPO colours?

Any help much appreciated

Michael

michael3
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

BSA info anyone? Empty Re: BSA info anyone?

Post by seniorengineers Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:46 pm

michael3 wrote:Is there a source of info for BSA engines? I find myself with one and would like to know more, 4 stroke, 120cc 3000 rpm it says on the label, dark red and grey, 4:1 (I think) reduction box.

A nice little lump, but I know nothing about it. Were they used by the GPO for pumps and generators? But then, are these GPO colours?

Michael

Hi, Maybe some one on here can help, but I checked out a forum yesterday, all about Birmingham, which of cource is all things bsa,enfield Norton, triumph, etc,etc, check it out, because I know there are many guys that worked at the factories on this forum. (Birmingham Forum) all about Birmingham, give it a try, cheers

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:05 pm

seniorengineers wrote:
michael3 wrote:Is there a source of info for BSA engines? I find myself with one and would like to know more, 4 stroke, 120cc 3000 rpm it says on the label, dark red and grey, 4:1 (I think) reduction box.

Michael

Hi, Maybe some one on here can help, but I checked out a forum yesterday, all about Birmingham, which of cource is all things bsa,enfield Norton, triumph, etc,etc, check it out, because I know there are many guys that worked at the factories on this forum. (Birmingham Forum) all about Birmingham, give it a try, cheers
heres all the info i found out about my old 120cc bsa industrial unit
http://www.stationaryengineforum.net/t4052-bsa-120cc-stationary-engine-with-3-1-reduction-flatbelt-pulley?highlight=bsa+120cc

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down