www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Iv bought another one..

2 posters

Go down

Iv bought another one.. Empty Iv bought another one..

Post by garethmob Tue Aug 06 2013, 18:51

Well iv bought another one. I intentionly only bought it for parts as there was one part missing on my villiers mk25 v engine. (Fuel tank plug) and at 25 for a full engine wasnt bad. So picked it up an it was a lot heaver n bigger than I expected.... For a mk10. Turns out it has a on board geny and in its own cage. So tried start it. N nothing. Has a start button on the geny. N nothing. (Does that need a battery to work?) petrol tank leaks (has spare) has compression but not much. Compared to the 25s massive amounts. N sparks only getting 2 volts so thinking the mags gone.

But has any one ever see a one in a cage with a gen directly attached before? I can't post pics at present but it's green. It also come with a plaque saying it was a post office one.

And it's dob Is nov 1957

Please let me know if any of my posts dont make sence, im dyslexic, they may make sence to me,but not to every one i'll happly rewrite it just let me know Smile

garethmob
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Iv bought another one.. Empty Re: Iv bought another one..

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Aug 07 2013, 03:19

garethmob wrote:Well iv bought another one. I intentionly only bought it for parts as there was one part missing on my villiers mk25 v engine. (Fuel tank plug) and at 25 for a full engine wasnt bad.  So picked it up an it was a lot heaver n bigger than I expected.... For a mk10. Turns out it has a on board geny and in its own cage. So tried start it. N nothing. Has a start button on the geny. N nothing. (Does that need a battery to work?)  petrol tank leaks (has spare) has compression but not much. Compared to the 25s massive amounts. N sparks only getting 2 volts so thinking the mags gone.

But has any one ever see a one in a cage with a gen directly attached before? I can't post pics at present but it's green. It also come with a plaque saying it was a post office one.

And it's dob Is nov 1957

yes mate connect the charger leads to a good battery and press the button ,then it should swing over
its a dynamotor charging set normally mate 6-12v 0r 12-24v 25-30 amp max approx
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down